JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was hunting with my late father's 7mm browning bolt`rifle. Took some practice shots to make sure it was still on...yes! That is my father keeping his rifles right on!

Then I noticed the Browning sling came off...the little screw that keeps it attached someone how unscrewed and fell to the ground. Looked for it but good luck looking for a black screw in the woods!

So got home...annoyed...jumped online to see if I can email Browning to see if they can point me or sell me that screw since you won't find at a store...nada. Can't find it on their site so I tried googling...nada!

Oh they got a number but I'd rather email then call...freaking annoying!

So...man I say so a lot...can you all help by either giving me a Browning email OR can tell me where I can get a replacement screw. It is the screw that is threaded through the plastic into the mount point on the rifle for the sling spot.

THANKS

Parkrose Hardware on NE Sandy Blvd has a Brownell's assorted screw repair kit with a large assortment of firearm related screws.
They even encourage customers to walk in with your firearm to test fit replacement fasteners.
I just carry it in a soft cover bag and ask the guys behind the desk located in the bolt section.

Parkrose Hardware on NE Sandy Blvd has a Brownell's assorted screw repair kit with a large assortment of Firearm related screws.
They even encourage customers to walk in with your firearm to test fit replacement fasteners.
I just carry it in a soft cover bag and ask the guys behind the desk located in the bolt section.

Hey thank you. I'll have to plan a weekend to get out there. Little distance for me but I would like to keep the sling with it... sentimental reasons.

Parkrose Hardware on NE Sandy Blvd has a Brownell's assorted screw repair kit with a large assortment of Firearm related screws.

Thanks for the Parkrose Hardware tip. I live a block from the P. H. in Vancouver.....I need a couple screws myself....I bet they have the Brownell's kit too.

There is an older guy in the fastener section at the Sandy Blvd Parkrose store who is a complete jerk.
Look for the younger thin guy, he really cares about helping you out.
Most of the time, I just ask for both of the Brownell's gun screw boxes (there are two) and I always put the screw that I tried to fit, back into the correct slot if it didn't work.
I can understand why the one guy is they way he is, after watching customers put loose fasteners in all sorts of wrong places. It would drive me nuts too.

At least it was a Browning.. quality stuff.. even drawn a few of their products in self defense over the years and I knew they would not let me down

I must have caught the old guy in a good mood a few days ago. :s0112:

I was mounting Tallys on a Savage and stripped out one of the Talley supplied screws at only 25 inch lbs. :huh: Pulled it out and saw that I'd only caught two threads and stripped em, the screws had just .2" of threads. Drove over to Parkrose and got some 3/8" and 1/4" screws, a dab of blue locktite and problem solved.