Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Browning Auto 5 A5 Light 12 SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by snew, May 11, 2010.

1. snew

snew Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Traded

BrowningA5.jpg

2. snew

If I'm way off base here let me know. It's a beautiful shotgun and I just took it out and shot it a bunch on Sunday with my other shotguns. It shoots great, It's just not something I take out a lot. :eek:

3. snew

More pics to drum up interest. I'm open to offers but prefer to sell.

100_1625.jpg
    100_1624.jpg
    100_1623.jpg
    100_1622.jpg
    100_1621.jpg
    100_1620.jpg
    100_1619.jpg
    100_1618.jpg
    100_1617.jpg
    100_1616.jpg
    100_1615.jpg
    100_1605.jpg
    100_1603.jpg
    100_1602.jpg
    100_1611.jpg
    100_1609.jpg
    100_1604.jpg
    100_1601.jpg

4. snew

Bump

5. snew

I can't believe no one's interested in this.

6. mjwpar72

mjwpar72 West Linn, Oregon Member

They have a firearms library with used guns for sale. I'm sure they will have an A5 so you can get an idea on your price. I have an A5 thats an early 50's model that fires like it's LNIB. I think you're a bit high on the price...

7. snew

Thanks for the suggestion. I considered that too but there's one thing I know, price has never stopped NWFAers from making offers, some silly, some really pretty dang cool, so I discounted it a bit. :laugh: I hadn't though of Cabela's. I always figure them to have inflated prices. I was right. They had a totally bubba'd one for the same price that I'm asking and mine is far nicer. That was the cheapest one they had. I also searched completed Gunbroker auctions because I know there's always a difference between what someone wants for their gun and what people are actually getting. That's why I like to reference the completed auctions that received bids. I want to know what are they selling for nationally. I saw a couple SCREAMING deals on there but overall it looks like $500-$600 is where a gun like mine is selling for consistently. Add shippping and transfer fees to that. This one is local, so no shipping or transfer fees and I don't call you in so it's off the books. That has value too, right? ;) I figure the mid-high end of reasonable give us both a little wiggle room.

My thinking was that it's not tactical enough or original enough (dang poly choke) for the discerning NWFAer and that's too bad because they're missing out on a really sweet shotgun. The truth is that it's not tactical enough for me. I want to cut it back to 18 1/2" and park it or paint it and I really don't want to do that to this beautiful, period sproter. I already picked up it's replacement, a Remington 11 that's going to the chopsaw, so this one is superfluous

Unfortunately I want/need cash so I was thinking that maybe it was the limited trade suggestions. Money talks though. I think my price is fair but it's clear that it's too high for you guys so try me. You may be surprised.:thumbup: Till then, I figure I'll keep it and shoot it and enjoy it till someone gets interested. Who knows, maybe I'll find that it really does have a place in my safe.

Maybe that's it, I'm just trying to justify keeping it. :D

Keep your powder dry,
    Snew

8. snew

I just bought another shotgun so I really don't need this one now. Make me an offer.

9. snew

I just bought another shotgun so I really don't need this one now. Make me an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.