JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Browning 1911-380 and love it. Accuracy is very good... for me it "points" exceptionally well! Look at the target and a hole appears in it instinctively without having to think about it (I have shot a lot of .45acp in 1911's). The return to target after the slight .380 recoil is extremely quick! My buddy has one of those dueling tree targets... he hates it when I pull out my 1911-380.

The 1911-380 is a breach lock pistol which is so much nicer to shoot than a blow back action in my opinion. I kind of wish my 1911-380 had a metal frame... but it is hard to argue with its balance with the composite frame.

I have considered a 1911-22... I still might have to pick one up some day. How does your 1911-22 shoot?

It's very light even with the Crimoson trace green dot on the front rail. Took it out yesterday to see how it shot CB caps. Had to really think good trigger release to control, hole then appeared at the dot. Short range, farm grey diggers range.

My 1911-380 is a hoot to shoot. It fits well in the hand and the felt recoil is rather tame. My only gripe is every once in awhile It'll throw brass straight back into my face.

one other caveat that I've read and experienced is that some factory ammunition C.O.A.L is to long to clear the ejection port so if for some reason you have to eject a cartridge it'll jam.

I have been contemplating one of the .380s. I love all the scaled down 1911s. I have a Star Model S .380 that was a Spanish Air Force issue. Has the little Spanish Air Force seals on it. Really nice little pistols. Mags are rare and are very expensive. It was manufactured 1945. I have the original box, manual, and mags. The Browning 1911-380 would look real nice next to it!

I have the 22/1911 Browning and am not happy with it. The grip safety doesn't work all the time. I have many 1911 and do not have this problem. Even though the little Browning has a speed bump every once in awhile it does not release the safety. I sent it to Browning, and still the same. Other then that it is a nice little gun. I was going to buy the 380 version, but now, rethinking. I will take it apart and see if I can solve the problem. Of course now we are on lock-down. Bill

Hopes dri-lube then while it's still wet drive it in with CLP nozzle behind it. Rotate left 1 minute ,then right then let it dry barrel up.
Look at ordering a Rock Island "baby rock".
Just wish the barrel was 4 1/4".

I worked on the Browning 1911 .22, took it apart as far as the grip safety, dressed one of the flats and it improved the release of the grip safety. You can feel the trigger bow flexing at times before the trigger releases.. So I will take it apart again in the future and work on it some more. Taking & replacing :rolleyes:the pin from the thumb safety is a project, ha, ha...Spad

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews