JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0122.JPG so i ordered a surplus magazine from classic firearms. Looked just like the one that came with my bm59 , inserted fine no problems released no problems.
I kept one in my rifle fully seated i always make sure. As i took it out today... it wouldnt come out. After about 5 minutes of wiggling, reseating, re releasing, had the bolt held open (nothing looked wrong) i finally got the mag out.

If you have a bm59, is this just a lemon mag, or was it probably me?

For mags that normally go for 40- 50$ this is really disappointing.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Last Edited:
So...I remember looking at their site regarding these rifles but for the price I wasn't interested. Anyway...do you know of any markings to confirm this is a surplus mag and not a knock off? I never ordered from them before.

So...I remember looking at their site regarding these rifles but for the price I wasn't interested. Anyway...do you know of any markings to confirm this is a surplus mag and not a knock off? I never ordered from them before.
Classic is a good company all around, as far as knock off im not sure. The two magazines i have came with slightly different shaped "same" features. The pb bm 59 stamps are different sizes, the surplus one has notable surface wear compared to the one i got with my jra bm59.

I know what your rifle is. Doubt there are more than a couple around. J&G has mags if you wish to try others. Is yours a rebuild or original? My shop had one come in for consignment. One of only 200 original Beretta's that came into the states. It sold for $3200.
Was unfired, NIB.
Its a james river armory with bm59 parts

Ooh, not good. At least it got shaken out now and not at some more dire time. Is it possible that it got knocked over or something without you knowing about it? Seems a long shot that it'd just spontaneously fail on its own.

Ooh, not good. At least it got shaken out now and not at some more dire time. Is it possible that it got knocked over or something without you knowing about it? Seems a long shot that it'd just spontaneously fail on its own.
Maybe there was pressure applied to the mag when it was stored or possibly it dropped, it is possible, however unlike other rifles these magazines do NOT allow side to side movement only forward and back due to how tight the tolerances are, hence the specific wear on the magazine coating in the pictures, so the magazine being bent side ways enough to cause this, well anythings possible, just seems improbable

I don't know anything about these. I'll let people who know something about these berettas speculate.

Metallurgy? Maybe it just had a flaw and gave up.

I don't know anything about these. I'll let people who know something about these berettas speculate.

Metallurgy? Maybe it just had a flaw and gave up.
Could very well be. Im probably just going to email classic firearms, or i could post it to instagram and @ them lol, they seem to be consistent with replies

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top