JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, to introduce myself, my name is David, I live in Beaverton, OR.
I have two small girls and a beautiful wife, I work as a heating/cooling technician and am currently in the United States Air Force Reserve.

I spent 4 years in active duty military through the Air Force, where my job was a Nuclear Weapon Journeyman (2W2), and finished my enlistment honorably in 2007. I am 29 and am stoked to get involved in the gun community!

I grew up mostly in the country shooting rifles, shotguns, and occasionally handguns.

I don't know what else anyone would want to know about me, but if you have any questions, just ask.

I don't recognize the 2W2 designation for an AFSC, so I'm guessing you were a "big missile" (ICBM) guy...? I was a 411x0b (then later a 466x0b) "little missile" (SRAM, ALCM, ACM.... i.e. air launched nukes) guy during my 7+ years in the AF. Fun stuff. Cool to hear from another AF missile guy! Welcome to NWFA. :) BTW, I'm in a group on Facebook that's for all munitions folks too if you're interested. Has some good pics and fun memories. :) C-ya around.

I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Montana, I worked on the Minuteman III system, ICBM... I think the old designation was 463? I just remember a mural we had painted in our maintenance bay with the "463" emblem on it, I think that's what it was before 2W2X1... I'm also a member of the Facebook page for 2w2/463 I think... Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to meet more people up here in the northwest who are interested in guns!

My career field in the AF was pretty limited, I think around 800 or less in the whole Air Force...

I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Montana, I worked on the Minuteman III system, ICBM... I think the old designation was 463? I just remember a mural we had painted in our maintenance bay with the "463" emblem on it, I think that's what it was before 2W2X1... I'm also a member of the Facebook page for 2w2/463 I think... Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to meet more people up here in the northwest who are interested in guns!

My career field in the AF was pretty limited, I think around 800 or less in the whole Air Force...

Ah, gotcha. 463 rings a bell. I worked with a lot of 463s. In the "little missile" the 463s loaded and unloaded missiles from rotary launchers and pylons, loaded and unloaded warheads from missiles, and I think change tritium bottles on occasion. After they took the warheads out of the missiles, the missiles were handed over to 466s for maintenance things like engine swaps, fuel testing/changes, "upgrades," electrical testing/verification/troubleshooting of flight control/guidance systems, painting, etc.

Again, welcome. Since we're out of the AF now, I guess we'll just have to stick to these "little munitions" that we talk about on these forums (unless Beaverton has a secret missile stockpile that we should be helping with, hehe). ;-)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top