JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a Brace Built rifle for a lightweight (5.54 lbs) rifle with some nice features and the price.
rifle came with a case and t-shirt along with sticker so right off the bat they have you sold (sarcasm for those who can't tell)
So to start here are the rifle specs.

Specifications:

• Mag Well: Wire EDM flared magazine well with accents.
  • Gas System: Low profile gas block, mid-length melonited gas tube, gas key with rounded leading edges ensuring positive functioning in all makes and grades of uppers and buffer tube combinations.
  • Bolt Carrier Group: Azimuth™ Bolt Carrier Group and bolt. Rounded cam pin rides in a fully chamfered cam path. Properly staked and torqued grade 8 hex screws as per the true Mil-Spec. Carrier body OD and ID are hard turned after heat-treat to +/- .0005 inches. Bolt lugs are machined with the proper radius as per true Mil-Spec tolerances. Independent HP white proof testing exceeded over 90,000 PSI without failure. Outer diameter machined to all critical surfaces within +/- .0005 inches. QPQ Melonite Finish.
  • Charging Handle: Radian™ Ambidextrous Raptor – LT
  • Safety: Ambidextrous safety
  • Bolt Catch: Seekins™ Enhanced
  • Mag Release: Seekins Billet
  • Buffer tube: Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
  • Buffer: H2 Buffer
  • Stock: MagPul™ MOE® SL-K™Carbine Stock
  • Grip: MagPul MOE® Grip
  • Receivers: Lightweight, custom-matched billet upper and lower receivers, monolithic top rail
  • Caliber: 5.56mm
  • Trigger: Timney™ Competition Trigger
  • Barrel: 16" 5.56mm barrel (machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel and feature a QPQ Corrosion Resistant Finish and Nickel Boron Coated M4 Feed Ramp Extension.
  • Handguard: 13" low profile Modern Carbine™ monolithic free float M-LOK® handguard with proprietary barrel nut
  • Muzzle Device: SilencerCo™ ASR flash hider
First thoughts when opening the rifle up,
Lightweight, solid rifle. The paint was perfect which they let you pick from some choices. Tight between the upper and lower.
So I got a red dot sight mounted on the rifle and took it to the range. After only sixty rounds the safety selector came loose and start spinning in circles with every shot. Good thing it was a jp ambidextrous and worked with my index finger.
shot five groups right over 1" at fifty yards. Shot two hundred rounds through it without any farther issues.
two weeks later after adding some loctite to the safety selector took it back out to the range with a scope and bench.
I was able to continually shoot five round 1MOA groups at 100 yards with Hornady 72 grain ELD ammo. Took the scope off and shot another three hundred rounds of various ammo types without a single issue. The gun is light, (5.54 lbs) great features for the price of $1200. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a lightweight accurate rifle.
My kids like shooting it. All in all well made and designed AR-15. I do think however not putting loctite on the selector is a big mistake and hopefully one they learn from and change the practice. Since I originally wrote this up for another site I have since put two thousand rounds through it without any issues. I have friends who have purchased some also and no issues.
I mounted my Acog on it and a flashlight as a defense rifle.

4FB8803A-6CC8-4A8B-AA12-29128D9BAF96.jpeg 9C2B271E-1487-4A0A-A625-19534A431C51.jpeg EC13BFEB-CA4E-4FEA-AC50-09C7B7B63E65.jpeg BB600793-ADA5-4D0A-8AF8-8816318CBAAE.jpeg F52BB35B-0AAA-4F3C-BBE3-6598E0C6A630.jpeg 987C56C5-6E01-4939-9312-AE4935D576E5.jpeg

They should use Radian Talon ambi safeties. No screws need and the dovetail/machining makes it impossible to come loose.

Just an option if you decide to replace them down the road.

Also - you may not care but your iron sights are installed backwards.

I purchased a Brace Built rifle for a lightweight (5.54 lbs) rifle with some nice features and the price.
rifle came with a case and t-shirt along with sticker so right off the bat they have you sold (sarcasm for those who can't tell)
So to start here are the rifle specs.

Specifications:

• Mag Well: Wire EDM flared magazine well with accents.
  • Gas System: Low profile gas block, mid-length melonited gas tube, gas key with rounded leading edges ensuring positive functioning in all makes and grades of uppers and buffer tube combinations.
  • Bolt Carrier Group: Azimuth™ Bolt Carrier Group and bolt. Rounded cam pin rides in a fully chamfered cam path. Properly staked and torqued grade 8 hex screws as per the true Mil-Spec. Carrier body OD and ID are hard turned after heat-treat to +/- .0005 inches. Bolt lugs are machined with the proper radius as per true Mil-Spec tolerances. Independent HP white proof testing exceeded over 90,000 PSI without failure. Outer diameter machined to all critical surfaces within +/- .0005 inches. QPQ Melonite Finish.
  • Charging Handle: Radian™ Ambidextrous Raptor – LT
  • Safety: Ambidextrous safety
  • Bolt Catch: Seekins™ Enhanced
  • Mag Release: Seekins Billet
  • Buffer tube: Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
  • Buffer: H2 Buffer
  • Stock: MagPul™ MOE® SL-K™Carbine Stock
  • Grip: MagPul MOE® Grip
  • Receivers: Lightweight, custom-matched billet upper and lower receivers, monolithic top rail
  • Caliber: 5.56mm
  • Trigger: Timney™ Competition Trigger
  • Barrel: 16" 5.56mm barrel (machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel and feature a QPQ Corrosion Resistant Finish and Nickel Boron Coated M4 Feed Ramp Extension.
  • Handguard: 13" low profile Modern Carbine™ monolithic free float M-LOK® handguard with proprietary barrel nut
  • Muzzle Device: SilencerCo™ ASR flash hider
First thoughts when opening the rifle up,
Lightweight, solid rifle. The paint was perfect which they let you pick from some choices. Tight between the upper and lower.
So I got a red dot sight mounted on the rifle and took it to the range. After only sixty rounds the safety selector came loose and start spinning in circles with every shot. Good thing it was a jp ambidextrous and worked with my index finger.
shot five groups right over 1" at fifty yards. Shot two hundred rounds through it without any farther issues.
two weeks later after adding some loctite to the safety selector took it back out to the range with a scope and bench.
I was able to continually shoot five round 1MOA groups at 100 yards with Hornady 72 grain ELD ammo. Took the scope off and shot another three hundred rounds of various ammo types without a single issue. The gun is light, (5.54 lbs) great features for the price of $1200. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a lightweight accurate rifle.
My kids like shooting it. All in all well made and designed AR-15. I do think however not putting loctite on the selector is a big mistake and hopefully one they learn from and change the practice. Since I originally wrote this up for another site I have since put two thousand rounds through it without any issues. I have friends who have purchased some also and no issues.
I mounted my Acog on it and a flashlight as a defense rifle.

View attachment 1119054 View attachment 1119055 View attachment 1119056 View attachment 1119062 View attachment 1119063 View attachment 1119064
Still like the Brace Built AR? I just ordered one of their bolt action rifles. It's about a four week lead time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top