JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This cartridge sounds like a good answer to reaching out there, I read that the Mini in 6.8 has a larger diameter barrel, has anyone found the accuracy to be better or worse than the 5.56? If I buy one I'll build a strut system out of 303 or 416 stainless, and bed it and bolt it like Accuracy systems does on the 5.56. 2 MOA should be attainable I'm thinking. (?!?!?!)
I'd be reloading for the rifle. I have a 5.56 stainless ranch rifle now, though 6-8" at 100 yrds sounds terrible. If I get one in a chambering capable of reaching out to 500 yrds it seems like a waste if the accuracy is that bad.

I also have a FAL. Maybe I should stay with the 5.56 for local shots and count on the FAL for distance?

Everyone knows that an AR is significantly more accurate than a Mini 14, but the Mini is all steel, to me aluminum is just another type of pot metal.

The Mini looks much better than the AR (Not hard to do IMHO:D) and is considered much more reliable. For the same money an AR can be bought for that will do 1 MOA a Mini can be tightened up to shoot as well, and of course after that the Mini really looks good in comparison. There are many Mini 14s around that do better than 1 MOA, but not out of the box.

My question has nothing to do with alumaguns like the AR, but only about the Mini in 6.8 PC.

Again, nothing to do with anything but the Ruger Mini 14 in 6.8 SPC please.

Everyone knows that an AR is significantly more accurate than a Mini 14, but the Mini is all steel, to me aluminum is just another type of pot metal.

The Mini looks much better than the AR (Not hard to do IMHO:D) and is considered much more reliable. For the same money an AR can be bought for that will do 1 MOA a Mini can be tightened up to shoot as well, and of course after that the Mini really looks good in comparison. There are many Mini 14s around that do better than 1 MOA, but not out of the box.

My question has nothing to do with alumaguns like the AR, but only about the Mini in 6.8 PC.

Again, nothing to do with anything but the Ruger Mini 14 in 6.8 SPC please.

hahahaha

Yes, your all steel rifle can "reliably" miss its target.... and look good doing it!
I can see why you're so set on this platform. :nuts:

Conclusion:
Neither the rifle nor caliber will fix what is wrong with you.
Re-education is your best bet.

Good luck!

Do you have anything relevant to contribute to the question?

In 1911 forums this happens all the time, someone will ask what 1911 he should buy for under $1000 and someone invariably says "Get a gluck!".

I'd say people who do things like that are the ones with problems. Going through life trying to make strangers angry.

I don't like glucks, I don't like ARs, glad you have something to like, but is any of it not related to making enemies?

I too prefer the looks of a mini over an AR. I have found a strut really did help accuracy with mine in 5.56. I haven't tried too many other tweaks other than handloading and have just used it as is and am satisfied.
You may find better support and answers to your question over on perfectunion.com. Not to say that there is no mini love here on this board but the guys over there seem to have a passion about their glorified rock-hukers and may offer more knowledge in answering your 6.8 spc questions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top