JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just ordered my first shotgun from gunbroker got a good deal I paid $375 for a New Typhoon Defense XII Semi 12ga With 18.5"Trd Brl and 3-5Rnd Mags. I thought it was a good deal shipping was included but I will be honest I have no knowledge of shotguns; so I was hesitant buying it but I figured what the hell.
Please don't be to judgemental. I wanted a light semi auto that was magazine fed If you have any helpful informational would be appreciated! Also curious where to buy shotgun shell are they still available in big box stores? Here is what I know.

Manufacturer: Typhoon

Model: XII (X120101)

Condition: Factory New

Caliber/Gauge: .12ga

Barrel Length: 18.5"

Runs 2-3/4" or 3" shells, from bird shot to buck shot or even slugs.

* update shotgun arrived*

247286AA-73F5-4FC4-9DE5-D507A3F8F977.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've never seen one in person but the reviews I've run across are very positive. It's made in Turkey and interestingly, the manufacturer's address is the same as a CZ factory. If it's made by CZ it's going to be a solid firearm. They make a 10 round magazine for them too, and I think a 2 round if you want to take it hunting. Seems like you got a really good price too.

EDIT: Here's where I look for ammo.

If the seller is a company you haven't dealt with before, search for reviews of that company. There are a lot of scammers out there lately.

Last Edited:
Does anybody happen to know where I could find ammo for it never bought shotgun ammo? I figured Sportsman's, Bi-Mart, or Cabela's would have them or is it like every other caliber right now hard to find?

Does anybody happen to know where I could find ammo for it never bought shotgun ammo? I figured Sportsman's, Bi-Mart, or Cabela's would have them or is it like every other caliber right now hard to find?
As stated above, ammo seek.com is your best bet. Also watch the ammo classifieds here. You never know what will pop up.
Congrats on your purchase! Sounds like a good all around shotty.

Congrats on new gun.

Most scatter guns are usually pretty forgiving for what they let you run through them. But box mag fed semi auto's tend to be more picky about what will reliably feed and eject without stovepipes.

Your best bet is buckshot and slugs for home defense and cycling reliably.

Bird shot gets more tricky to be reliable. I know my vepr-12 hates cheap winchester bulk/value packs of 7.5 shot 3 dram loads.. something about their low brass + thin wall shells just doesn't cycle right and stovepipes a lot.

Federal value packs of the same load cycle pretty reliably for bird shot.

These days though ammo is very scarce and hard to get a hold of for any reasonable price.

Fiocchi, Rio, Federal, Suprema, Winchester (AA specifically) are all good brands that will run in a gas/piston operated semi.

Stick to 2 3/4" or 3" shells with 3 dram or hotter loads. 7.5 shot, 8 shot, and 9 shot should all run as far as bird shot goes. 00 buck and 1oz rifled slugs should work great in it and will be the best choice for home defense. Bird shot/target loads are more for birds, clay, and target practice.

Interesting. Looked up more info on your gun and it looks like it uses the Beretta/Benelli/Mobile choke system. So the barrel is threaded internally like most shotguns and the muzzle brake/flash hider they have on the end comes off so you can install a choke tube in its place.

For shotguns a choke tube widens or narrows the shot pattern to help bird shot and even buck shot reach out further. Typical chokes you will find are Cylinder, Improved Cylinder, Modified, Improved Modified, and Full. Cylinder being the widest spread, and Full being the tightest grouping for longest reach.

Now those aren't the only chokes out there...There are just the most common. Adding a choke may even make some loads that are otherwise unreliable in your shotgun more reliable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top