JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone ever bought from botachtactical.com?
Curious about people's experiences with them.

Of 7 transactions with them, I've had 2 good experiences.
I'm done shopping there.
I was enticed by their low prices, but it's not worth the stress and time dealing with them.

Am I alone, or do others have stories of bad experiences there?

I tried ordering from them once. Everything seemed fine until i got an email... 3 days later... saying the item was on backorder even though their site said it was "in stock"... I haven't dealt with them since. Sadly it seems as though the only good experiences I've had online have been through Amazon merchants, and cheaper than dirt.

I tried ordering from them once. Everything seemed fine until i got an email... 3 days later... saying the item was on backorder even though their site said it was "in stock"..

Had that happen.
Also had them tell me that something was in the mail, then a week later they told me they hadn't actually shipped it and actually shipped a couple days after that.
Also had them tell me they can't honor the price on their website. They revoked that comment real fast when I started to complain.
And their communication overall is terrible. Their responses to my emails make me think they aren't English speakers. That or they're real stupid.

If they have it in stock, you're likely going to be fine.

If it's not in stock, you're screwed. They have horrible automated ordering notifications, don't answer their phones very often, outright lie when asked about order status and don't care enough to change.

I've ordered in stock items from them 3 or 4 times a year over the past 3 yrs without issue. Each time my order arrived within 5 days of ordering. If they had the items I'm looking for now in stock I'd be ordering from them today. I've never seen a back order option for the items I was looking for. Can't comment on that.

I've had 2 good transactions with them, and 1 that wasn't great. The one that wasn't great is only partially their fault. Tried to buy Pmags a couple weeks into the panic buy madness. Got an email saying they were back ordered. They finally shipped to me almost 3 months later. Guess I can't gripe too much about that because everywhere else was doing the same thing.

I've had 2 good transactions with them, and 1 that wasn't great. The one that wasn't great is only partially their fault. Tried to buy Pmags a couple weeks into the panic buy madness. Got an email saying they were back ordered. They finally shipped to me almost 3 months later.

That's not that bad.
They cancelled my pmag order (placed around the same time) because it was going to take so long. They told me their computers couldn't handle holding my order so long. Really???

I tried to give them one last chance almost a month ago They told me item was in stock so I ordered it 3.5 weeks ago and just received email saying it was out of stock. It took over 3 weeks for them to tell me it as backordered? I'm used to much prompter service.

They cancelled my pmag order (placed around the same time) because it was going to take so long. They told me their computers couldn't handle holding my order so long. Really???

Here's my experience:

12/18 - Ordered ten PMAGs, at $15.15 each. Website listed them as "In Stock"
12/21 - Received email saying Out of stock, backordered
3/03 - Said they were receiving "sporadic shipments"
3/13 - They cancelled my order. Cited a "60-day computer limitation", even though it had already been 80 days.

Apparently they DO have pmags arriving to their warehouse, but are CANCELLING the December orders at $15 each. Presumably to sell them at a higher price.

Not cool.

Ordered 3 "in stock" items on Feb 28. Heard nothing from them until an email March 18 saying all 3 items were back ordered. Parts were in my mailbox today. Last time I order from them.

All the dealings I've had with them have been bad. Echoing a couple other comments here, I'll give an example. I ordered a pair of Matterhorn boots. My card was debited. Weeks went by, the boots didn't arrive. I called and couldn't understand the person on the other end of the line - possibly a call center in southeast Asia. Somehow I was ultimately transferred to one of the tribesmen who had learned english from satellite TV. I informed him I wanted either the boots right now, or my money. The money was refunded. Then it was debited out again...the boots arrived - at FedEx in Tualatin because they sent them adult signature required. FedEx being who they are, they like to play a little game called "let's watch your house until you leave so we can make an "attempt" and then hold your shipment at the facility 30 miles away".

So, I went to pick up the boots in Tualatin. They were the wrong size, because in whatever third world country Botach ships from the sizing is off by one size. I returned them. It took quite a while to get my money back. I finally learned my lesson about them - they're basically a giant ponzi scheme. The U.S. government learned their lesson about the Botach family as well. See the link, which encompasses many of the criminal enterprises Botach is involved in.

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach's Family Linked To Illegal Arms Dealing, Money Laundering, Conspiracy, Fraud and Assault - FailedMessiah.com

My most recent experience: I bought a headlamp that arrived with the plastic broken where the elastic headband attaches. 11/16/2013 I emailed them asking for a refund OR a replacement ( I wasn't fussy), they asked for pictures. 11/18/2013 I emailed the pictures, they asked if I would like to keep the broken item and receive a 10% discount " in the form of a refund". 11/20/2013 I emailed back that I would like a refund OR a replacement ( I still wasn't fussy). They emailed back "We do not have another one in stock but if you keep it, I can offer you 40%". ( I was starting to get fussy).11/21/2013 I insisted that I receive a REFUND, and that I wasn't interested in any "discounts". 11/22/2013 They emailed me a return the merchandise label. 11/26/2013 I received my refund.

I had previously ordered from them a few times without incident, of course. This last time, is my LAST TIME. I don't need the headache.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Used a couple of them before. Haven't used a few of them though. Have to check them out.
The stress and crap you gotta deal with botach just isn't worth the slightly better price. IF you actually end up getting it.
I haven't patronized them for a while now.

The real fun with Botach begins when you need to send something back once it finally arrives but is the wrong part.
Yep, I've had problems with them; I think they are actually a drop-shipper with little to no actual stock on hand.
Once an order comes in then they order from a supplier and we wait... and wait... and wait.

That's why when I wanted an Aimpoint PRO, I ordered it from LaRue with their superb QD mount and life was smooth.

over the years, I read many negative reviews than positive reviews about them.

just like what "doc" mentioned, item not actually in-stock and forever wait return/refund.

I would pay just little bit more for better service/hassle free package.

I've learned a lot as a former internet retailer. My new biz will list as in stock or out of stock or a clearly listed custom order item that you will not be charged for until it ships. No ifs, ands or buts and the customer is always right unless they purposely trash an item and return it

I know there are standards for language on this site, which is really all that's keeping me from telling y'all exactly how I feel about botach.

Let me tell you about the time I tried to order something from botach. So botach had a fairly good price offered on a pelican rifle case, I called them up, asked if it was in stock and if I could pop by and buy one. They said "sure" and gave me their address. I needed the case for stuffing my guns in for a hunting trip I was leaving for in a week.

Now, they are located in a particularly choice part of town, about 3 blocks from florence and normandie the flashpoint of the LA riots, and about 40 miles from where I lived at the time. So I pop in the car and drive down, after some difficulty locating the place, I finally just knocked on a door where google maps said it should be. Guy answers the door "hi is this botach?" "uh, yea" "cool, I called about the pelican case" "umm... what agency are you with" at which point all I could think was WTF? to which I responded "the one that wants to buy a pelican case I called about".

Anyways, after giving me a ration of BS they wouldn't sell me a rifle case, citing some crap about "not selling to civilians". Funny, their website seems to indicate THEY SELL TO CIVILIANS. However, given all of the other people who have been screwed around by these people even the idea of them "selling" anything seems to be a remote possibility.

Botach has a reputation that's well deserved, they may offer good prices, but you pay for that discount with frustration, difficulty, and glacial response times. I really have no idea how they stay in business, and frankly the only reason I'm glad they seem to stay in business is that means this level of incompetency might reincarnate itself as a another business that will take a few months/years for everyone to realize is a burning paper bag full of turds, or god forbid they get hired at other companies that until now have reasonable prices and good service.

I just sent Mirriam-Webster a suggestion that they add Botach to the dictionary as synonyms for "frustration" and "Failure"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top