JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey GTIVan, do they have a map store? How do the maps compare to other county maps ala BiMart in detail and price? Used to be that Gov't maps were free generally since we already paid for the mapsters to make them. Now they are jobbed out like Blackwater jobs out for the Army.

Most maps are $2.50

Some are at either state / county level. Some are even greater detail and are about 1" per mile in scale. That one was $10.

The are definitley better than the standard road maps for showing informtaion. Haven't seen a good tropographical map in awhile to make a decision.

Biggest difference is these are set up to show land ownership. Most state maps want to show "recreation" areas and wilderness and such. 2 different critters.

Might also want to check out maps from the Oregon Department of Forestry. I only have one of the Tillamook State Forest area but it lists roads, foot trails, ATV trails State Lands, State Parks, National Forest Lands, BLM Land, County and Private Lands. Covers a area of 45x45 Miles and is set up where 1 inch=1mile and very detailed. I know I was able to purchase this map at the Forestry center for $5.00.

You may want to check the dates of the last update to your maps,the last ones I got were over 20 years old.Lots of new roads/trails in that time period,and lots of roads/trails reverted to nature also...The main roads all seem to be there still,though...

Look at Barnes and Noble... They have maps for each state that come in a large paperback book(DeLorme Atlas) that 50-100 pages long depending on the state. They're around $20 as I recall and show BLM boundaries and great topo detail as well as major highways all the way down to dirt roads. They show campgrounds and even locations of mines and wells. 1" is 2.5 miles and contour is in 300' increments.

I used one in Nevada last year and was pleased.

You can order them from DeLorme's site too.

A list of features from their site:

Map detail commonly includes:
» Back roads, dirt roads and trails
» Elevation contours
» Remote lakes and streams
» Boat Ramps
» Public lands for recreation
» Land use / land cover – forests, wetlands, agriculture
» Trailheads
» Campgrounds
» Prime hunting and fishing spots
Each Gazetteer entry's location is cross-referenced to the corresponding map.
http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10096

For what it's worth - BLM rules prohibit shooting within 100 yards of a roadway and 50 yards of a trail. I see this happening all the time and just wanted everyone to know you can get in trouble for it if you get caught.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top