Gun Deals
Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
DSG Arms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Oregon Rifleworks
J&B Firearm Sales
Low Price Guns
Was in there today getting washer fluid and stopped by the ammo counter. One of the things I love about my Tahoe is that it tells me when the washer fluid is low. How cool is that?
Anyway, all they had for ammo today was some 7.62. Some Barnaul 6.49/20rds and that Belom for 14.97. I think that's the same stack of Belom that I saw a few weeks ago. Sad little pile of Belom. Well, if you need some 7.62, head over to the Beav'.

IMG_20210503_114523.jpg

Forest Grove Bi-Mart had ZERO ammunition on the shelf yesterday. Been that way for a while. Their handgun cabinet is pretty weak too. Almost looks like they’re getting out of the biz. I sure hope not.

Tigard Bimart had the same Belom stuff. Lots of boxes left around 6pm today.
My curiosity got the best of me about the Belom stuff. Looks like it comes from Serbia and they manufacture 7.62 and 9mm. They've been around since 2015. Looks like its got some good remarks on the web about it being high end ammo. Worth picking up IMHO. If needed 7.62 or 9mm, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

STONER_63

Reactions
Serbia makes decent stuff from what I have seen. I have had pretty good experiences with Prvi Partizan (PPU), at least their higher-end stuff. And PPU has been in the ammo business since before WWII. I need to check out my friendly local BiMart ... OK, they are about 30 min away but that's not too bad.

Last Edited:
Reactions
Saturday, Sutherlin BiMart had M193, 7.62x51, 300 BO, 800 round 40gr 22LR, both Barnaul and Belom AK ammo, and 40S&W. Reloading stuff was dry - I bought the last of their 6mm Bergers.

Mikej

Reactions
Last week the NE Halsey store had Barnul AK food, some .30o blackout and some something shotgun ammo.

I saw some it the other day. Didn’t notice how many rounds per box. At 14.97 for 20rds (assuming), then that’s right at .75 cents per round. Granted, that stuff is brass cases, not steel. That’s about triple what the steel case was going for pre pandemic.
Too rich for my blood. At least is’s available for those that my need it.

Mikej

Reactions
I saw some it the other day. Didn’t notice how many rounds per box. At 14.97 for 20rds (assuming), then that’s right at .75 cents per round. Granted, that stuff is brass cases, not steel. That’s about triple what the steel case was going for pre pandemic.
Too rich for my blood. At least is’s available for those that my need it.
If one were going to start reloading for 7.62x39 this would be the ammo to get. The thought crossed my mind when I was at BiMart last week....
Yeah, I know. "I don't bother loading ammo that's so cheap to buy already made" Formerly said about 9mm.

$12.00-$14.00/20 was about what I was paying for 6.5 Swede and .30-06 for PPU so I could have quality brass for reloading. Sure glad I got into those now considering the cost of those two calibers.

Project Appleseed
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
DSG Arms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
NW Custom Firearms
Sporting Systems

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR