JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, I don't want the government telling me what to do, any more than is absolutely necessary.

I don't want the government telling me I CAN'T own an AR-15.

I don't want the government telling me I MUST own an AR-15.

In both cases the government is ordering me to do or not do something. In both cases the government presumes to know how to run my life better than I do. Both are different sides of the same authoritarian, statist coin.

If you truly love liberty and freedom you don't want the government making your choices for you. Freedom and liberty means citizens are able to make the choice whether or not to own an AR-15 for themselves.

By the way, I have nothing against AR-15s. I picked up my fourth Colt AR-15 yesterday.

pix512513486.jpg

Last Edited:
This is just wrong. The government should not be forcing anyone to buy or own anything. This is the same argument the right made against obamacare. I find it really sad that just because it's now something you agree with it, it should be inforced? Anything a government can give you they can take away.

I can't say that I agree with the idea of someone saying that I need to own any gun , as in making it a law that one must own a gun or even a particular type of firearm...

It should be simple...
If you want to own a gun or guns , and can pass all the legal requirements on the 4473 form....then own a gun or guns....
If you don't want to own a gun , then don't...Just don't make my choice for me.
Andy

Agreed with @BSG 75 and @AndyinEverson. A right can be exercised or not. I can't fathom why one wouldn't want to enjoy the 2A to the fullest, but that is his/her call. I choose to do so in the most gonzo ways possible, but if the guy or gal down the lane doesn't want to, no problem.

Requiring every household, or person of militia age, or similar to own a gun is not unheard of in the US. It's rooted in old militia system where people were expected to muster with military grade longarms for the common defense.

This is just wrong. The government should not be forcing anyone to buy or own anything. This is the same argument the right made against obamacare. I find it really sad that just because it's now something you agree with it, it should be inforced? Anything a government can give you they can take away.

I think it's awesome to see our side go on the offense against the haters for a change. Hope it makes their heads explode! :eek: I suspect it's more of a joke, doubt it will become law, and if it does it is unlikely that it will be enforced. The ACA was a serious attack on America.

Laws are not joking matters. They can drasticly changes people's lives. Regardless of whether it is enforced or not, it is the same principle as Obamacare. Government Forcing the us to purchase or own something we may or may not agree with. We should be fighting it on principle and not condoning this from our law makers.

McDaniel said he introduced the bill to "make a point" about legal mandates and to show "the absurdity of the opposite side" and the "requirements and barriers for law-abiding citizens," according to the Associated Press.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top