Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Big honkin' THANX for the GUNBOT!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 7SFCW4, Aug 12, 2013.

1. 7SFCW4

7SFCW4 Out and About, Oregon Active Member

If you haven't seen it, well, here it is. Some excellent person has created a "bot" that "spiders" most credible sales establishments and returns to you, near real time pricing on stuff you need.

GunBot find 223 5.56 AR-15 ammo in stock

Bookmark this little gizmo and add the creator to your prayers, he/she is most certainly a Saint.

2. WebRat

WebRat Portland Oregon Member

I have been watching GunBot for the last day for 22LR. It seems like anything under $0.15/rd gets sniped right away. Has anyone had any success stories or failures to tell about this web site? I would trust buying from Cabelas but what about the other web sites on there?

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Just because you have not heard of them does not mean they are bad places. I am familiar with all the vendors on the quick search I did. Simple google search on each name will tell you exactly what you need to know about them.

4. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho Salem Member

I have purchased a few thousand rounds from LAX ammo, reman 9mm for practice with another 500 being factory new federal/lake city Green tip and another 500 9mm from freedom munitions. Last order I received in 4 days after checkout (LAX). As said before do your homework if in doubt.

5. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

I've used them, it's cheaper than driving all over the place to look at empty shelves.

6. nwborderite

nwborderite Whatcom County, WA New Member

Of the vendors listed under the powder and primer categories on Gunbot, I have bought from Powder Valley, Wideners, Natchez, Midsouth and 3 Gen within the last 2 months. All are well know and very good to deal with. I have no experience dealing with sellers in the other categories!

Gunbot is not perfect! I got word recently that one seller was expecting a shipment of Hodgdon powder first part of the following week. I watched their website and was able to buy 16 pounds of Varget before it sold out in about 15 minutes. I kept refreshing the Gunbot powder section and it never did show the powder while it was available or when it sold out!

I think it's easier to find a vendor that with backorder instead of playing the "check each website 10x/day game", but Gunbot is a cool idea!

WebRat and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In addition to Gunbot I also use Slickguns.com, a forum site sponsor here.

8. nglayton

nglayton Brooks Happiness is a warm barrel!

Ditto for Freedom Munitions
    Sportsman's Guide is okay not the cheapest or the fastest.
    My fav is J&G Sales I have bought several thousand rounds from them, no BS and fast shipping. Goes out the same day usually.
    Natchez has expensive shipping and low, low, low limits so they can make extra on shipping.
    Cheaper Than Dirt, really is not.
    The big places like Cabelas, Bass Pro and Sportsman's Warehouse offer free ship to store pick-up.