JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a Savage 93R17 from a friend for a great price. I would like to mount a bi-pod on it but all the bi-pods I have seen available on the net all require that there be a sling mount on the fore end of the stock. The one I bought doesn't have the "accutrigger" or a sling mount. So my question is how do I mount a bi-pod to my rifle, and where the heck can I find one??? Thanks for your time....

Most pods use either a rail or the sling stud, if you dont want that then you need a pod that mounts to the brl, the prob with brl mounted pods is they ruin the harmonics of a free float brl.

I have a versa pod on my savage it has the pan and tilt and came with the mount for the same price as the harris pod, go to vtsupply they have them the cheapest. Just get the proper mount if you decide to go that rout, the mounts are railed mnt and (sling stud mnt).

Just got this a few days ago at wholesale sports.It cost $10 & you dont need a sling stud, & you can tilt & pan the gun for uneven ground. I have a Harris bi pod that does not pan or tilt, & that is a very desirable feature out in the field. anyway, it might be an affordable option for you. for the price I'm going to try it out.

good luck!, Mike

HPIM1914.jpg

HPIM1915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went through this ful little delima myself- savage 93 in the .22 mag- read up for a good week and bypassed the popular bipods- heavy, cumbersome, in the way, mark up the stock- went with Stoney Point Steady Stix 2- they should show up by end of week- sorry not tested myself- but I think they will fill the need nicely. comapct, quick to deploy, stable, and out of the way when moving, won't mar up the stock like a bipod. Should cross over for other hunting rifles too. A bunch of good reviews out there via google...

I have two 93R17s.

I just drilled and added sling studs on both.
I have two Harris bi-pods & one Wal-mart (looks & feels like the Harris)
Both are great, & mounting the sling studs only takes a few minutes.

I have two 93R17s.

I just drilled and added sling studs on both.
I have two Harris bi-pods & one Wal-mart (looks & feels like the Harris)
Both are great, & mounting the sling studs only takes a few minutes.

Ditto, and the sear can be changed out to give an adjustable trigger on the earlier models. I have 15oz on my blue version and 13oz on the stainless using the "Rifle Basix" sear. Rifle Basix sells many kinds of triggers and sears, you can buy direct from them and they take Pay Pal as well as shipping is included in the prices.

swivel studs @ bimart cost $.99

I put one on my modified Ruger .22 so I could mount a bipod from ABG buyers here in Corvallis that was $35.

Well worth the 5 minutes spent.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top