JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, I admit it strayed a couple times and posted pistols on Armslist. Never again.
I received an PM today about a pistol I had posted then removed and did not sell several weeks ago.
Some guy in Texas was listing the CZ97 with my photos and description, word perfect.
I received a PM because I typically sell locally, FTF and the would-be buyer wanted to know if I had sold to someone in Texas. HECK NO! It's still in my safe!
I looked up the listing an immediately flagged it. I considered contacting the guy who listed it but why give him my email address.
Anyone else have this happen?
There is one guy who is constantly listing the scammers and flagging listings. I am surprised that it is an ongoing problem. Time for me to wake up and smell the gunpowder. I am glad someone is watching the Armslist but its unfortunate it happens at all.
Never had an issue with NW Firearms.

I've tried to contact a few people on Armslist about ammo they're selling but never hear back from anyone. In fact i emailed one guy and almost immediately started getting spam mail. I flagged his post and set up a rule on my hotmail account that deleted all email coming from their account. I have found that same posting multiple times and flagged it each time. I now use a throwaway email account when messaging anybody on there now.

It's unfortunate that Armslist has turned out that way. I have met dozens of great guys doing local trading on this site. I will just stick with local deals but I am wondering how the guy was able to copy the photos.
Now I am worried that I may have been hacked and have no idea how to check or what to do. I don't think SpyBot will fix this.
Morpheus; I agree, most of the deals are a joke.

I have had a lot of success selling and buying through armslist, there have been few flakes but I just chalk it up to experience and you take it with a grain of salt that nobody is perfect. you have to prepare for the headaches before they happen.

Purchased, traded and sold a couple on armslist with out any problems what so ever. Careful about about what I am doing, (BOS, ID,chl, meet in public spot, serial number check done at inspection time). Use NWFA first.
Don't need much else for now so havent used in a while.
Feedback and good interaction with members here make it my first and now probably only source for online used.

I've had a dozen plus good transactions on armslist, though you do have to have your wits about you. There are very good scammers out there who know more than you do about the local firearms scene here in PDX and surrounding areas. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Guitarguy, you said you flagged the post, but did you contact Armlist directly at ARMSLIST - Contact Armslist to describe the situation? I would recommend doing that.

Just got burned by an FFL of all things.
I responded to a for sale ad on Armslist. The listing was for subsonic 300 Blackout ammo and I got a call back from an FFL dealer located in Manning, Illinois.
The guy was selling 200 rounds of new Remington brand ammo for less then half of the going price, plus free shipping.
What a great deal.
I'm sure glad I used my Visa card to pay, because something didn't feel right after I paid and then asked him what carrier he used to ship, as I wanted to make sure I was home when it needed to be signed for.
His response was that he used USPS and it would delivered to my mailbox.
I replied that the USPS won't allow live ammo shipments, and he said that he was friends with their local postmaster and it wouldn't be an issue.
That right there caused me to become alarmed. I asked him to e-mail me the tracking #'s.
Sure enough, I never received the package, so I called him and only got a voice mail.
Finally called the credit card company and reversed the charges.
I ran an ad on Armslist calling him a crook and to beware of his phony ads.
This is the first time I have had any hinky dealings through Armslist.

Aren't all posts on Armslist's scams? I thought it was run by a Nigerian Princes?

Here's two replies I received when I tried to buy a gun on Armslist yesterday. Then I discovered the ad I was looking at was identical to another ad on Gunbroker, by a different person in a different city.

Thank you for your interest Its stainless and with gold around it.. did you take a look at the pictures very well?

The gun is blue finished very in good condition...Let me know if you are ready to take, i can shipped too your FFL because i'm a retired police and i need this money too pay for my wife surgery. let me know if you wanna have it i can provide you bank details for you to make the payment or i provide you payapl for you to make the payment....Thanks.

WAYNO.

Here's two replies I received when I tried to buy a gun on Armslist yesterday. Then I discovered the ad I was looking at was identical to another ad on Gunbroker, by a different person in a different city.

Thank you for your interest Its stainless and with gold around it.. did you take a look at the pictures very well?

The gun is blue finished very in good condition...Let me know if you are ready to take, i can shipped too your FFL because i'm a retired police and i need this money too pay for my wife surgery. let me know if you wanna have it i can provide you bank details for you to make the payment or i provide you payapl for you to make the payment....Thanks.

WAYNO.

Holy Cow! That ain't good English!:s0114: Gary

I've dealt through Armslist plenty of times without any issues, buying and selling. Plenty of flakes for sure but that happens here too. I did get a few responses that sounded a little fishy, but I think there are more legit people on there then scammers - you just get the same problems you have with any free website. Offer anything free and you'll have those that will exploit it.......look at our "welfare" system lmao.

Armslist isn't the only place that "borrows" pictures and descriptions. I've found the same scenario on GunBroker.

I have recently just found two items on Arms List. I have made first contact. Thanks for the heads-up. I will proceed more cautiously.

As folks have pointed out, it happens everywhere and folks just need to be aware.

Thanks! :s0155:

Scammers will try anything. They are quite abundant on Craigslist, though it is still a useful tool in trying to sell a vehicle. Just as Armslist can be a good way to sell firearms, you must be willing to sift through the trash a bit. I have bought and sold on Armslist and have had positive experiences on every transaction; I did not reply to all of the emails sent my way though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top