JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach (Newport, Oregon). Great food, great service, and owned by a NWFA member.

In Florence, it is Bay Street Bar and Grill in Old Town with a side of garlic bread or a bowl of crab chowder and side of bread at Novelli's Crab and Seafood on the Florence docks in Old Town. I haven't done it yet due to Covid affecting their hours, but I think getting one from each and mixing them would be an amazing combination. Each are waaaaay better than overrated Mo's.

Mo's is terrible according to my chowder head friends.

In Tillamook, directly across the cheese factory, there is a little shack looking thing that's really good.

-Robert
When l was there the chowder was the ONLY good thing. It's been a few years, things change.

Last time l was at Sailer's in P-land the chowder was pretty good. Go during Happy Hour and sit in the lounge... it's a freaking time warp.

Mo's is canned Chowder, kinda like sausage gravy at 7-11. Any made on site from right out of the Ocean is going to so much better. Two I like are The Luna Sea in Yachats and The Mad Norwegian in Port Orford. I'm thinking you can't go wrong with any small chowder house on 101 other than Mo's.

Chowder bowl is pretty damn hard to beat.

My favorite coastal restaurant is the Crazy Norwegian in port orford. Better known for their fish and chips, however their chowder is pretty damn good as well as anything they make really.

Old Oregon Smokehouse in Rockaway is my favorite

Not sure if the one in Tillamook is owned by the same people. Looks liek like it, so it should be as good.

Also had great chowder at the Fish Peddler in bay city.

Mo's is great...

If you've never had good clam chowder. Might as well open a can.

If you really want a treat, go to Local Ocean in Newport and have the crab soup.

Roasted Garlic & Dungeness Crab Soup
Creamy clam base, fresh herbs, Parmesan
cheese, Panini Bakery focaccia bread

Amazing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews