Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bersa Thunder - Trigger Lock

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by freestoneangler, Jan 4, 2014.

1. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a Bersa Thunder .380 and it looks like newer models now have a trigger lock. Any pro/cons to this feature? Any issues with mechanical performance or change in trigger pull? Kicking myself in the butt for not jumping on one recently listed... oh well.

Thanks

2. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've owned both. No difference in trigger pull. The internal lock bar doesn't even touch the trigger when it's unlocked.

3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Thanks, good to know... but is it like having a car from CA with the special smog controls? :rofl1:

OLDNEWBIE and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

The Bersa Thunder 380 does have a magazine disconnect which disables the trigger when a magazine is not in the pistol.

5. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I love everything about the Bersa, but this ^

6. Otter

Otter Oregon - mid Willamette Valley Active Member

The con I could think of when I bought mine was what would happen if I locked the gun and then I lost the key. I fixed that by making sure the gun was unlocked and I threw away the key. I decided I didn't really need a Ralph Nader switch on my pistol.

Whaler likes this.
  7. xPnutX

xPnutX Salem, OR New Member

I keep mine unlocked and have the key on my keyring with all of my other keychains (I have a bunch). People always ask to look at them, and they think its just another keychain, so it's kind of like a free advertisement for Bersa, lol.

8. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

The old keys had a blue and white baked enamel Flag de Argentina on one side, but the new ones are all metal and just say BERSA.

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got a blue & white key.
    The risk with some frame-mounted locks is that they can engage on their own, disabling your gun. Didn't some of the Smiths have that problem? Never heard of the Bersas doing that.

Mine's been through the wringer and never malfed once, although it gets tiresome to hang onto after a few hundred rounds in a day.

10. brentb636

brentb636 Holland, mi Active Member

Easily disabled, so not really an issue.

11. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Gosh, I probably should dig around and find the box and make sure I still have the key. I unlocked the one I gave my wife and it's been that way since the day I brought it home.