JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a Bersa Thunder .380 and it looks like newer models now have a trigger lock. Any pro/cons to this feature? Any issues with mechanical performance or change in trigger pull? Kicking myself in the butt for not jumping on one recently listed... oh well.

Thanks

The con I could think of when I bought mine was what would happen if I locked the gun and then I lost the key. I fixed that by making sure the gun was unlocked and I threw away the key. I decided I didn't really need a Ralph Nader switch on my pistol.

I keep mine unlocked and have the key on my keyring with all of my other keychains (I have a bunch). People always ask to look at them, and they think its just another keychain, so it's kind of like a free advertisement for Bersa, lol.

Yeah, I've got a blue & white key.
The risk with some frame-mounted locks is that they can engage on their own, disabling your gun. Didn't some of the Smiths have that problem? Never heard of the Bersas doing that.

Mine's been through the wringer and never malfed once, although it gets tiresome to hang onto after a few hundred rounds in a day.