JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had and sold both the Thunder 380 and the Thunder 380CC. Both were terrible jam-o-matics. Lots of failure to feed the second to the last round and failure to completely extract. I tried several Bersa and Mec-Gar magazines in both pistols. Both mine were newer, 2013 models so if they were great in the past, the quality control has gone to bubblegum lately.

Use to shoot federal hollow points and xtp's through them. I don't remember a jam but it's been at least three or four years since I had one.i have had three or four and they worked very well for me.

I agree. I shoot Federal HST and have no problems with function, and the same for WWB which are truncated cones. Sierra 95gr FMJ's work well through it, too, as do Berry's plated. It has always shot a little to the left but the groups are reasonable. I gave one to my son for Christmas one year, but it was in 2010 or 2011.

I am thinking of getting one too. I don't know which is best for me, the Thunder 380, Thunder 380cc or the thunder plus. I have'to had a chance to shoot any of them. Anybody able to give comparisons?

I'm thinking of getting one of these to use as a test mule for my .380 ammo. Anyone have one, if so how do you like it? Any first hand issues I need to know about?
Thanks for you help.
I've had good luck with the couple of Bersa's I've had and'd think that that'd make a great test mule.
What kinda ammo have you cooked up?

I'm thinking of getting one of these to use as a test mule for my .380 ammo. Anyone have one, if so how do you like it? Any first hand issues I need to know about?
Thanks for you help.

Had several of them over the years. Always liked them. While back Wife started asking about one for her car. She will not shoot my Kel-Tec, too much recoil for her. I told her to buy a Bersa. While later she came home with one, the Plus. I had not heard they came out with one that took 15 round mags. It like all of them I've been around just works great and she loves it. One down side is the damn mags. Don't know if there is any more now but when she bought it no one had any in stock. Only came with one. The distributor was the only place to get them. To buy 4 more was close to the cost of the damn pistol. They were almost $50 each. OUCH. They are well made and will outlive us. The older single stack mags are of course much cheaper and easier to get.

I have 100% function with both my single and double stack.

Model 85 and 86 from the early 90's
Love these Era guns!

The newer ones are hit and miss on their reliability and I won't have one of these.

The hi cap mags for these older guns are around 35 to 50 bucks, is what I have paid at local gun shows.

One of my all time favorite guns. Have the 380 Thunder and NEVER a single hiccup. Over 1,000 rounds fired and it eats everything. When my sister gets her CCW I will buy her one as a gift. I saw a shop here had them for $289 new

I'm not a big fan. For a subcompact .380 I think it weighs too much. But, I've not heard anything bad about them. I'm sure it will make a fine test rig.

I'm not a big fan. For a subcompact .380 I think it weighs too much. But, I've not heard anything bad about them. I'm sure it will make a fine test rig.
It's that weight that makes them so popular with many. Mine is the size and weight of my 10 shot 9mm. Problem is wife will not shoot it. The Bersa she loves and will practice with. They even have a .22 version of them for cheaper practice.

It's that weight that makes them so popular with many. Mine is the size and weight of my 10 shot 9mm. Problem is wife will not shoot it. The Bersa she loves and will practice with. They even have a .22 version of them for cheaper practice.
I agree, I have introduced many to pistol shooting with the Bersa. It is comfortable, accurate and low recoil