JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After almost a month of waiting, OSP finally got around to clearing my background check. So after a few years without any firearms I've finally got one again.

I haven't gotten a chance to fire it yet, and my experience with Beretta is very limited, but I think I love this gun! It feels great on my hand and I like how it came with a RDO factory installed. The trigger pull feels a bit heavy, but not quite as heavy as my Glock 21 was and I like a trigger pull that one really has to commit to. A competition hair-trigger is not something I need for my purposes.

Just curious if anyone else has experience with this model and what their impression of it is.

Solid, reliable, deep serrations on the A1 slide for easy racking. Mags are inexpensive. Breaks down easily. No failure to feed issues that I have had.
No pins to remove with a hammer and punch… all pins push out. The take down lever and one pin need to be pushed out and the fire control unit can be released and removed.

Cons:
•The stock trigger shoe is annoying to my finger.
•Trigger pull is 5.5 - 6 lbs.
•You'll need to replace the stock sights with suppressor height sights to co-witness with an optic.
•You'll need to buy an optic plate to mount a red dot.
(Beretta Sights, plates, parts and different color grip modules are available at Midwest Gun Works online.
•The optic mounting screws that come with the plate are Allen head screws instead of torq bit… and they are an oddball thread pitch. (Your manual tells you the size).
•Beretta doesn't offer a plate for the 407k/507k footprint… otherwise the Holosun EPS would be another option for your irons to be a little higher in the window.
•Only one company makes a drop-in trigger kit assembly… it's about $225. The TR-1 Trigger Kit is one of the best triggers made. It lowers the pull weight about 3/4 to 1 lb.

Misc:
•The Holosun 407c, 507c and 508T will cowitness… the best being the 508T… buy the RMR plate.
•The TR-1 trigger is expensive… but I want to shoot my APX A1 now. It is perfect in every way but your pull weight probably won't be under 4-3/4 lbs… which is I hardly notice because the rest of the trigger is so much better than the stock one.
•The Werkz M-6 AIWB holster will work with the APX A1.. and many many more pistols. I chose the Streamlight TLR1-HL light.

If you want help with the trigger let me know.

Yah… it's a money looser for sure.
I had to learn the hard way.
But I enjoy improving things.
What is your experience level with handguns?

If a person has an A1, the information given can help them decide what to do with it.

Of course there are a lot better weapons out there at its price point. Beretta could do a lot bet right.

Do you have anything to say to the person about your personal experiences with the APX A1

Its shoots much faster now. Its as accurate for personal defense as the person that is handling it… IMO.

If you buy the APX A1 Fullsize or compact tactical models they come with the OD Green grip module, a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights already.

I believe they still have a rebate going on so that covers the cost of a couple optic plates.

7E945570-A01D-40AD-9910-2C39BFB7278B.jpeg 66834D64-2E1D-49B5-8DED-BCC8BAF94857.jpeg

Do any of you APX A1 owners know if there's any cross compatibility with the APX0 (original).

I know there were some changes but by and large can you swap the FCU between them and even slides? I'm assuming mags work directly across. Holsters?

Do any of you APX A1 owners know if there's any cross compatibility with the APX0 (original). I know there were some changes but by and large can you swap the FCU between them and even slides? I'm assuming mags work directly across. Holsters?
Do any of you APX A1 owners know if there's any cross compatibility with the APX0 (original). I know there were some changes but by and large can you swap the FCU between them and even slides? I'm assuming mags work directly across. Holsters?
Do any of you APX A1 owners know if there's any cross compatibility with the APX0 (original).

I know there were some changes but by and large can you swap the FCU between them and even slides? I'm assuming mags work directly across. Holsters?
The dust cover on the APX A1 full-size is taller from the bottom of the pic rail to the top of the frame. The A0 holsters won't work. Everything else is interchangeable as far as I know… slide, FCU etc.

Not sure how the new A1 compact differs from the A0 Centurion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top