JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got this used 92fs and after cleaning it and checking it over good a noticed a couple of small nicks or voids in the barrel chamber right after the feed ramp about 3 mm in one at the 5 o'clock and one at the 7 o'clock. It this anything to worry about? Looks like they where just voids in the metal when it was made. The rest of the barrel looks great.

Check your locking block. If this is a high milage gun its possible that it is not locking up correctly. Beretta recommends replacing the locking block every 5000 rounds. It's very unlikely that it left the factory with chamber damage.

Run it by Beretta's technical folks by emailing them via their website. I worked an issue with them regarding my 84FS and they were fantastic to work with. It sounds like the gun has been well broken in so you probably won't get any "free" repairs out of them, but if you watch their website they put 92FS barrels on sale every once in a while if it's something you want to replace.

Having seen Beretta's consistent quality and relentless reliability for several years on many different models, I can concur that it is highly unlikely that it left the factory that way. They don't skimp on A-N-Y-thing.

Is it possible it's damage from the brass of reloaded rounds? I'm not a reloader, so I wouldn't know. I can imagine that after so many uses the stress of being fired can begin to deform the brass and possibly transfer some damage to the barrel. Just thinking on my keyboard....

Dosent really look to have that many rounds thru it, The locking block looks to be in great shape not much wear and the rifling is nice and sharp. I try to get a picture again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top