JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shooting pal Trevor always something interesting to shoot or show, and today was no exception. He lives in the next county West of me, and HIS Chief Constable is a shooting man himself, and sees no problems in people who already have guns having more, if they can store them safely. Trevor has around fifty or so....

Anyhow, here is his latest acquisition - it's a Belgian/French sea service flintlock pistol of the usual .69cal, with brass fitting and no ramrod. Why?

Well, after shooting it once, and then using it as a club, once, it was dropped to the deck. As the French of that time usually lost naval engagements with the English, and hardly ever got to do any boarding, especially up to and including the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, pistols like this one are pretty hard to find, especially for $550.
upload_2019-1-12_16-46-1.png
upload_2019-1-12_16-46-27.png
upload_2019-1-12_16-46-54.png
As you can see, it is good handful - incidentally, every part has the same assembler's mark/number, and the stamp of the arsenal where it was put together. As I'm sure most of you know, France and Belgium were, at that time, not separate countries - Wallonie, the French-speaking part of Belgium, WAS French. the rest, the Flemish-speaking part, belonged to The Netherlands.

The action is as tight as beggar's grip, and the frizzen makes a beautiful snap on closing - a real treat. Sadly, Trevor was leaving as I arrove, but he's promised me a few shots - a movie WILL be made, I promise!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads