JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My neighbor wounded a big male bear last year and after hearing it screaming and tearing up the woods he ran into, nobody in his hunting party would go into the thick brush to try and put it down.
It took more then a hour before he stopped making noise and even then they were afraid to climb down into the thicket to check and see if it was really dead.

At the end of the thrashing and screaming from the bruin, I'd bet that unless I miss my mark there was a sound that sounded like a cow bawling.
That's what bear do just before they give up the ghost.
I've heard it many times and can tell you jbett98 that outside of a useful (I'm dead now) signal, it's one of the most mournful, sad sounds you'll ever not want to hear.
To bad for the bear that their fall meat is so damned tasty.
I won't hunt a springer as their meat is of poor quality and I can't see me killing such a magnificent animal for any other reason.

Because if they don't do it in the road the age old question couldn't be answered because most people wouldn't be able to find it...;)
bear-bubblegumting-in-the-woods.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads