Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

barrel threading in the tacoma area.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by e55komp, Sep 10, 2012.

1. e55komp

e55komp tacoma Member

Im not 100% sure what it is about the firearms industry that makes people deaf to the sound of ringing
    phones, but im not able to get a hold of a single smith for a few quick and easy barrel threads. Does anyone
    here know of a good smith to thread my barrels. thanks

2. Darkker

Darkker Mesa, Wa Active Member

Any Class 3 dealer should be able to, as well as a decent machine shop. On my side all but one of the local Machine shops do very well with it.

3. e55komp

e55komp tacoma Member

i'll try a new approach then, still would like to find a one guy does all, just drop off a gun and pick it up complete.

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Ship it to Tornado tech and be done with it :)

5. e55komp

e55komp tacoma Member

im trying to give my money back to the community and find someone local, i obviously have found places that thread barrels but local would be better.

6. Darkker

Darkker Mesa, Wa Active Member

Several suppressor manufacturers, like GemTech; give local listings of suggested smiths.

7. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

TT is rather local. threading, especially if you're putting a can on it, needs to be done right.

8. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Depending on what kind of gun it is, you might just be able to take it to a machine shop (provided you can remove the barrel from the receiver). Most tool and die shops could do as good a job as any 'smith could do. The only difference is a smith has an FFL so you can leave the "gun" part there.

9. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

What kind of gun barrel? I am a machinist by trade, and a machine shop would be more than capable of doing the job.......... seeing at thats exactly what they do.