JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could do that for ya. but i'm an hour south.
I don't now anyone up in your neck of the woods i could send you to.
I'm sure you could call a few shops up there and get someone.

I've got a Remington 700 that I use as a target rifle. I got tired of looking for a gunsmith close enough to do this same work, and wouldn't take 3 months to get it finished.

I just bought a crown reamer and pilot from Brownell's. To shorten, mark the barrel where you want it cut with a pipe/tubing cutter. Saw it off carefully following the lines. Dress smooth with a flat mill file. Then "crown" using the reamer. Use some heavy grease on the pilot and clean after a turn or two with the reamer. This keeps chips out of the bore and keeps the rifling from getting scratched.

The total cost of reamer, handle, and pilot was less than most 'smiths charge for the service and I didn't have to wait until they got around to it. In my opinion the reamer does a better finished job than most "lathe cut crowns" I've seen lately unless they're 90 degree crowns.

Having the reamer also lets me "touch up" the crown when it shows signs of wear/damage from shooting or cleaning.

If you only want to shorten and crown this is an option.

BTW, there are numerous video's on the topic posted on the "net". Midway USA has a good one.

I could do that for ya. but i'm an hour south.
I don't now anyone up in your neck of the woods i could send you to.
I'm sure you could call a few shops up there and get someone.

I'm going to be looking for someone to shorten a 24" Bushmaster barrel about 4" and re-crown it. Depending on what the finished product looks like it might need a flash suppressor installed for cosmetic reasons. Could you do that?

I'm going to be looking for someone to shorten a 24" Bushmaster barrel about 4" and re-crown it. Depending on what the finished product looks like it might need a flash suppressor installed for cosmetic reasons. Could you do that?

I could cut and re-crown that for you. We could put a target crown on it. We could thread it or not. That's up to you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top