JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am one of those lucky persons that escaped from California. I got my CPL for the state of Washington. So, I decided to get me a new 9mm pistol to celebrate. I decided on the Walther PDP because the grip felt fantastic, trigger amazing (for a striker fired) and it was well within my budget. That is when I fell into the slippery hole. I found the pistol to be very easy to "rack-the-slide" and it soon became my favorite range gun. I never had a pistol with optics before and since the PDP was cut for red-dot sights I decided to add one. I replaced the plastic sights with steel back-up sights and a Holosun 507C optic sight. I also purchased a surefire X300U since I have decided that this pistol will become my home defense gun. Well, I am here to tell you that I went down a $1,375.97 rabbit hole on this project. The Red-dot optic, steel sights and light cost more that the pistol itself. This is what I get for purchasing a pistol cut for optics!
PDP Optic Light 320X240.jpg

I want one though, I've bought a few mags for it and one of these day I'm gonna jump on it. Beretta is even worse, I got about 30-35 mags for it when I finally pick one up.
I found a 92A1 NIB (Shoot Straight) for $499 a while back and grabbed it.
In the meantime I was stocking up on mags.
Beretta
MecGar
Airtronics
CheckMate
NIW USGI mags are a great resource

Sounds like a real piece of junk. I hope you can dump it and with a few years of counseling, be able to move onto something else, like a Lorcin or Hi Point.
You have to go with what fits. I have options, including a Walther, but my Bersa usually ends up with me most days. Thank goodness I don't find Hi Points comfortable.

Sounds like a real piece of junk. I hope you can dump it and with a few years of counseling, be able to move onto something else, like a Lorcin or Hi Point.
Oh , he can do better than that picked up a Sterling 25 acp for $75.00 last year, might have been less. Pretty sure It hadn't fired more than 10 rounds. That way he can really piss off the perp who crosses his path. You can only throw a hi point so far.

I fondled one at the gun range today (they have a full service shop, smith, and cafe onsite) - it was a damn nice piece! They had 3 price tiers - General Public - $710 + tax, Low level member was, IIRC $685, and the top tier membership was $659. Its a gun that could certainly tempt me away from my M&P if it shoots well. I might see if they have one available to rent next time we visit.

I fondled one at the gun range today (they have a full service shop, smith, and cafe onsite) - it was a damn nice piece! They had 3 price tiers - General Public - $710 + tax, Low level member was, IIRC $685, and the top tier membership was $659. Its a gun that could certainly tempt me away from my M&P if it shoots well. I might see if they have one available to rent next time we visit.
I'm curious if you have handled the PPQ and your comparative thoughts

I have the Walther PPQ M2 Q4 Tactical and love the heck out of it. I got the chance to shoot my buddies PDP and for me it was a tossup as to which one I liked better. The PDP has a more squared slide making it easier to manipulate with sweaty hands and the optics mount does not remove the rear site.

Both grips felt great to me and both shoot well so they are equal in that respect.

I feel the PPQ looks better, I will say more tacti-cool with its rounded edges but that is my opinion. I will probably get a PDP down the road with the same grip size so I can use my spare mags on both.

They are a great gun, so enjoy it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top