JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ignoring the merits of the caliber, IMO, next to a HiPoint pistol, a Steyr AUG is probably the least aesthetically pleasing version of a firearm that exists! There. I've said it, but remember it's an opinion and not something to get that worked up about.

Yes, I'd take an SBR AR with a folding stock over one of these. Or literally any other reliable bullpup that doesn't look like an 80's video game graphics version of a spaceship.

Ignoring the merits of the caliber, IMO, next to a HiPoint pistol, a Steyr AUG is probably the least aesthetically pleasing version of a firearm that exists! There. I've said it, but remember it's an opinion and not something to get that worked up about.

Yes, I'd take an SBR AR with a folding stock over one of these. Or literally any other reliable bullpup that doesn't look like an 80's video game graphics version of a spaceship.
Probably have to agree with you on that. It's a polarizing design aesthetics wise. If some people love it, that's cool, but for my personal taste I would ratehr have, and do have, a folding AR in 300BLK over this. They are really tiny when folded fwiw.

Last Edited:
I have an AUG as well as multiple ARs in multi calibers and lengths.

The Aug isn't for everyone and not my favorite but I do like it. I really like the 16" performance out of a length I can clear the A pillar with whilst seated in a vehicle.

OF COURSE they aren't just offering the barrel assembly in blaque or even better, an integral unit at 16". THAT would be hard to pass up.

Steyr AUG is probably the least aesthetically pleasing version of a firearm that exists!
When the bored Austrian engineers were running it over with a truck and purposely shooting squibs to see if the barrel would explode, I think aesthetics were the last thing on their mind.

I think they're cool but ugly.

As a reloader , gun guy it took me a minute to jump on the band wagon, I now have semi and bolt guns in this caliber. Truly excels killing them brush bucks. As a reloder I have so many choices and bullet profiles.

As a reloader , gun guy it took me a minute to jump on the band wagon, I now have semi and bolt guns in this caliber. Truly excels killing them brush bucks. As a reloder I have so many choices and bullet profile
Took me a while also. Nice that it has more energy than 5.56 in shorter barrels.

Heres a graph I put together to compare .223 vs 300 BLK vs 7.62 x 39 vs .308 energy levels (fpe). Choosing 12.5" was arbitrary as that was the barrel length I was researching.

942AD28C-FF6F-4712-B2B4-4CA969753E31.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads