JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is Collectors West Astoria gun show for 2012! The Clatsop Co Fairgrounds is located at 92937 Walluski Loop. We have a lot of new local vendors and over 100 tables in the hall. Show hours are Sat 9-5 Sun 10-3, Admission is $6 kids 12 and under free with adult.

It was a FAIL..... I was going to buy some steel targets (2 of them totaling $75), I only had card and not enough cash. I know it is normal practice to charge 3% for card, but I asked the guy if he will give me a military discount, and just give me 3 % off, He said no. I said never mind then. So I guess he would rather have no sale then $75.00. Well I guess you can just keep them! All over $2.25, I guess his business is just doing that well!

It was a FAIL..... I was going to buy some steel targets (2 of them totaling $75), I only had card and not enough cash. I know it is normal practice to charge 3% for card, but I asked the guy if he will give me a military discount, and just give me 3 % off, He said no. I said never mind then. So I guess he would rather have no sale then $75.00. Well I guess you can just keep them! All over $2.25, I guess his business is just doing that well!

He's a fool who knows nothing about people or making money. He also is a sorry soul for having no respect for people who serve our country.
My $.02

So I guess he would rather have no sale then $75.00. Well I guess you can just keep them! All over $2.25, I guess his business is just doing that well!

The other way to look at it is that you were willing to mess up a $75 deal over $2.25. If you have to drive anywhere else to get steel targets that are the same or similar, you're going blow at least $2.25 in gas and having to make an extra trip is going to eat up more of your time.

Another thing you are failing to take into consideration is what his profit margins are. Granted you were looking at steel targets that the vendor might have made himself so he might have more room to move on price, but for a lot of shooting accessories the profit margins are small, like 10% - 15%. If you ask a vendor to absorb a 3% on the entire purchase price, you are in essence asking the person to give up a significant chunk of his already tight profit margin. If the guy is only going to make $8 on the sale and you ask him to give up another $2.25 so you can pay with a credit card (something that essentially is a convenience for you and added cost and risk for him), your request can be viewed as being unreasonable.

The other way to look at it is that you were willing to mess up a $75 deal over $2.25. If you have to drive anywhere else to get steel targets that are the same or similar, you're going blow at least $2.25 in gas and having to make an extra trip is going to eat up more of your time.

Another thing you are failing to take into consideration is what his profit margins are. Granted you were looking at steel targets that the vendor might have made himself so he might have more room to move on price, but for a lot of shooting accessories the profit margins are small, like 10% - 15%. If you ask a vendor to absorb a 3% on the entire purchase price, you are in essence asking the person to give up a significant chunk of his already tight profit margin. If the guy is only going to make $8 on the sale and you ask him to give up another $2.25 so you can pay with a credit card (something that essentially is a convenience for you and added cost and risk for him), your request can be viewed as being unreasonable.

Just the attitude that he had wasn't worth my time nor money. I didn't need the targets, and honestly they wasted more then $2.25 just being in Astoria. Also I found them online for the same price including shipping.... I think he is making more then 10-15%. USUALLY retail marks up product 50%. Now I know not all do, but I am sure he is making more then 15% on some steel. Like I said before his business must be doing great. These are hard times, and if 2.25 was going to make or break a deal i would take the 2.25 hit for a military member. Its not a convenience for me its normal life for millions of people a day ,checks and cash are seen less every day. I do not write any checks, I feel you should be charged to use checks. Its like saying that the gas water and electric people can change what ever they want, you don't absolutely need it.... Just my 2 cents.

Just the attitude that he had wasn't worth my time nor money. I didn't need the targets, and honestly they wasted more then $2.25 just being in Astoria. Also I found them online for the same price including shipping.... I think he is making more then 10-15%. USUALLY retail marks up product 50%. Now I know not all do, but I am sure he is making more then 15% on some steel. Like I said before his business must be doing great. These are hard times, and if 2.25 was going to make or break a deal i would take the 2.25 hit for a military member. Its not a convenience for me its normal life for millions of people a day ,checks and cash are seen less every day. I do not write any checks, I feel you should be charged to use checks. Its like saying that the gas water and electric people can change what ever they want, you don't absolutely need it.... Just my 2 cents.

Now we just need to get another 2.23 out of you. ;)

I hit the show since we were in the area. Not bad for a smaller show. Snagged a target to go with my other. They are a lot of fun at the range. Sorry to hear about the above poster's experience. Thanks for your service. Not every dealer gives military discounts. You asked and were told no. Don't see where you needed to rant on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top