JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious if anyone has any experience with Anderson's ARs? Function, long-term reliability, etc. Like the concept, but wondering if it works out here in the real world...

<broken link removed>

I have 'several" and have had only very minor complaints. I have put quite a few together with no issues what so ever. However I have had one where the anodizing was heavy in the front take down pin hole and had to be reamed. If you did not have a reamer it would be real hard to correct this. (you could ream it out with a drill bit but it would be much harder to do a good job than with a reamer) Over all for the price I dont think you can go wrong. I just bought three more to put up, simple because at the price I think its better than money in the bank.

My son is currently shooting one that had issues. Returned it to the dealer to have the carrier replaced. (key was binding so bad that it wouldn't run for s***.) Seems to run fine with the new carrier. Talked to Anderson and asked about that treatment and after giving them the s# was informed that the "Anderson rifle" that he bought was sold as a "lower receiver" to the store that then "assembled" a rifle that obviously had "who knows what" parts installed and was selling it as an Anderson rifle. Anderson rifles that have that coating are actually labeled as such. I do not believe that the stripped uppers/lowers are treated. unless all of the parts are known to be treated the rifle will need to be lubed as normal. Please correct me if I'm wrong. By the way Anderson customer service was very quick to respond.

My son is currently shooting one that had issues. Returned it to the dealer to have the carrier replaced. (key was binding so bad that it wouldn't run for s***.) Seems to run fine with the new carrier. Talked to Anderson and asked about that treatment and after giving them the s# was informed that the "Anderson rifle" that he bought was sold as a "lower receiver" to the store that then "assembled" a rifle that obviously had "who knows what" parts installed and was selling it as an Anderson rifle. Anderson rifles that have that coating are actually labeled as such. I do not believe that the stripped uppers/lowers are treated. unless all of the parts are known to be treated the rifle will need to be lubed as normal. Please correct me if I'm wrong. By the way Anderson customer service was very quick to respond.
You can buy treated and non treated stripped and built lowers from Anderson.