Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ARs from Anderson Manufacturing with RF85 treatment

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Red Dog, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Red Dog

Red Dog Portland Member

Curious if anyone has any experience with Anderson's ARs? Function, long-term reliability, etc. Like the concept, but wondering if it works out here in the real world...

Anderson Manufacturing Home

2. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

They are the flavor of the month at M4carbine.net. They look like a very nice mil-spec receiver with a great price.

3. Red Dog

Red Dog Portland Member

Still curious about these, anyone have hands-on experience with them?

4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I have 'several" and have had only very minor complaints. I have put quite a few together with no issues what so ever. However I have had one where the anodizing was heavy in the front take down pin hole and had to be reamed. If you did not have a reamer it would be real hard to correct this. (you could ream it out with a drill bit but it would be much harder to do a good job than with a reamer) Over all for the price I dont think you can go wrong. I just bought three more to put up, simple because at the price I think its better than money in the bank.

5. PORSCHE928S4

PORSCHE928S4 Newport, Oregon Active Member

I did a stripped lower ( not a blem ) the first one I have done no problems at all and would trust is more than a polymer !

6. IronMonster

I should say my experience is limited to lower receivers as well and I have no experience with the magic no lube RF85 treatment

7. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

My son is currently shooting one that had issues. Returned it to the dealer to have the carrier replaced. (key was binding so bad that it wouldn't run for s***.) Seems to run fine with the new carrier. Talked to Anderson and asked about that treatment and after giving them the s# was informed that the "Anderson rifle" that he bought was sold as a "lower receiver" to the store that then "assembled" a rifle that obviously had "who knows what" parts installed and was selling it as an Anderson rifle. Anderson rifles that have that coating are actually labeled as such. I do not believe that the stripped uppers/lowers are treated. unless all of the parts are known to be treated the rifle will need to be lubed as normal. Please correct me if I'm wrong. By the way Anderson customer service was very quick to respond.

8. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

You can buy treated and non treated stripped and built lowers from Anderson.

9. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

How can you tell? Price?

10. IronMonster

They are marked with RF85 (the complete rifles that are so treated)