JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking as a card carrying Native American ... even the best Native Warrior could not shoot a curved arrow. IMHO it is both the NDN and the arrow together. Other than that I have no dog in this fight. LOL

I choose this....

image.jpg

Speaking as a card carrying Native American ... even the best Native Warrior could not shoot a curved arrow. IMHO it is both the NDN and the arrow together. Other than that I have no dog in this fight. LOL
Even though it's an over simplified question, I'd say you can't have one without the other.

Indians were the most resourceful people.
They often brought arrows to a gunfight and won.

I'd vote Indian.

And the Indian Bikes!
My cousin had a 50' Indian motorcycle mint cond. the most beautiful work of art

As another card caring Native.. and yes, we get cards, I also vote native although there is alot of myth going around. I am sure most Native peoples could not do what their grand parents could do unless you are Inuit.
Love the Bike, honestly that is the real American Indian.... Remember Indians live in South Asia and eat alot of curry.;)

Indians were the most resourceful people.
They often brought arrows to a gunfight and won.

I'd vote Indian.

I would vote for my great great grandfather. He killed 3 Indian braves during a conflict on the Oregon Trail in 1853. He was the only member of his wagon train that managed to kill more than one Indian in the brief skirmish.

He was the most heavily armed settler in the fight, though, as he had both a caplock muzzle-loading double barrel 10 gauge shotgun, as well as one of the then brand new Colt 1851 Navy revolvers.

He was hailed as being a hero, for his accomplishment. He was born in Virginia, but decided to move west in order to get some free farming land, and thus fortunately avoided the Civil War.

My Dad was born in 1917 on the farm that he originally settled.

I would vote for my great great grandfather. He killed 3 Indian braves during a conflict on the Oregon Trail in 1853. He was the only member of his wagon train that managed to kill more than one Indian in the brief skirmish.

He was the most heavily armed settler in the fight, though, as he had both a caplock muzzle-loading double barrel 10 gauge shotgun, as well as one of the then brand new Colt 1851 Navy revolvers.

He was hailed as being a hero, for his accomplishment. He was born in Virginia, but decided to move west in order to get some free farming land, and thus fortunately avoided the Civil War.

See, id have to go the other way and vote for Joe Medicine Crow.

Joe Medicine Crow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See, id have to go the other way and vote for Joe Medicine Crow.

Joe Medicine Crow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were good and bad people on both sides.

My Great great grandfather had no choice regarding killing those Indians. The band had been shadowing their wagon train for a couple of days, and everyone was worried sick that they would attempt to steal their horses at night.

Rather than wait further for such an attempt, they decided to proactively set up an ambush, and strike first. And they actually pulled it off, catching them by surprize.

get some free farming land,

Well, not free. The cost was blood, culture, and humanity, lest we forget.

thus fortunately avoided the Civil War.

The entrance to the Union of the State of Oregon, among others, was in fact part of the germane issues in the origins of the Civil War. As a burgeoning region with settlers forceably taking over the region from it's long time inhabitants, the inevitable question of would Oregon be Free or Slave, and who would decide, gave rise to the original State of Jefferson movement founded not in 1941 but in 1859. A significant part of the movement was to form a western haven for slavery, as well as possibly keeping the balance of free and slave states in the Union, and avoiding a war. Although not successful, Oregonians did not want Natives and Blacks threatening their new promise land:
The second exclusion law was enacted by the Territorial Legislature on September 21, 1849. This law specified that "it shall not be lawful for any negro or mulatto to enter into, or reside" in Oregon, with exceptions made for those who were already in the territory. The law targeted African American seamen who might be tempted to jump ship. The preamble to the law addressed a concern that African Americans might "intermix with Indians, instilling into their minds feelings of hostility toward the white race.'' The law was rescinded in 1854. Black Exclusion Laws in Oregon
Oregon still entered the Union as a Free state, but had exclusionary laws on the books until 1926 that forbade the residency or visitation of blacks in Oregon, even though the 14th amendment technically superseded this statute. Native Americans weren't granted citizenship until 1926, along with new federal laws that were part of a new policy of forced assimilation.

My kin fought in the Civil War, for the Confederacy, in what is called the Choctaw Brigade, an irregular unit of Mississippi Choctaw who had resisted the forced removal of most of the 5 Civilized Tribes to Oklahoma (where in fact some Modoc were settled after Captain Jack's Stand and the Modoc Wars, and the forced inhabitation on the Klamath Reservation; interestingly some Choctaw were resettled here in So. Oregon) known as Okla Nowa, or the Trail of Tears. We (they) were promised our sovereignty by Jeff Davis and the C.S.A., contingent on victory of succession of course (likely to be yet another broken promise, given the usual m.o. would not change just because another white was in charge, in my estimation).
I'm not trying to force a narrative on anyone, but to represent a very real perspective of this history by someone from the 'other' side of things. Just as the Oregon settlers fought valiantly to settle this land, we fight valiantly to preserve our way of life, and continue to do so to this day. Not as some have suggested, as some noble red savage tableau you see in a museum, but real live modern people who have fierce pride in our origins and therefore struggle to maintain our history, culture, and traditions, like anyone here.
And no, not everyone cheered for John Wayne when we were kids . . .
Another card carrying NDN,
Hoss

Last Edited:
Want to know something really sad.. For years my Grandmother taught at Chemawa. She used to tell me back in the 50s and 60s, when they showed a western, the kids always cheered for the cowboys.
Same thing is happening to the kids now. Instead of cowboys, its radicals and leftists.

Want to know something really sad.. For years my Grandmother taught at Chemawa. She used to tell me back in the 50s and 60s, when they showed a western, the kids always cheered for the cowboys.
Same thing is happening to the kids now. Instead of cowboys, its radicals and leftists.
Yeah, or they're busy eating peyote and praying while everything else goes to chit.

Indian because they can adapt, improvise and overcome.

One is a tool the other can make tools.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads