JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today whilst up in the city I stopped by Sportsmans. I handled two over/under shotguns called Pointer Arista. One was 20-bore the other 28. The former actually had a quite smooth action, while the later was pretty clunky; no idea why, they were pretty close in layout. I never heard of this make, but Arista is the Spanish word for "edge" so thought maybe the origin was from that nation. I asked the youth staffing the counter if they were from there and he answered in the affirmative.

Anyway, I get home, and google it, and not from there. It appears to be Turkish. Uh-oh, never heard of it, in the five c-note range ... assuming the worst. That said, and in fairness, I just now learned of them, so that perception could be wrong.

Anyone know the story on these? Thanks.

Ah yes Turkish made..
Their subpar heat treatment sent me to the hospital one afternoon. Locking lug shattered along with half the bolt. ( I forget which model it was, but made in Turkey ) investigated them and found the company changed names every year or so.
Spare parts availability is zero.

19D72032-0638-471A-BDBD-B76DC775D1AA.jpeg

Their subpar heat treatment sent me to the hospital one afternoon. Locking lug shattered along with half the bolt. ( I forget which model it was, but made in Turkey ) investigated them and found the company changed names every year or so.

Yiiiiiikes! Don't want. :eek: Here's hoping the injury was recovered from quickly.

Parenthetically, had a funny conversation with wife outside whilst smoking a cigar as to why a Turkish company would chose that name. Still no idea, but maybe the frequent name changes explains so.

Today whilst up in the city I stopped by Sportsmans. I handled two over/under shotguns called Pointer Arista. One was 20-bore the other 28. The former actually had a quite smooth action, while the later was pretty clunky; no idea why, they were pretty close in layout. I never heard of this make, but Arista is the Spanish word for "edge" so thought maybe the origin was from that nation. I asked the youth staffing the counter if they were from there and he answered in the affirmative.

Anyway, I get home, and google it, and not from there. It appears to be Turkish. Uh-oh, never heard of it, in the five c-note range ... assuming the worst. That said, and in fairness, I just now learned of them, so that perception could be wrong.

Anyone know the story on these? Thanks.
Legacy Sports shotgun division. First of the "post-H&R" break action singles that seemed to pop out of the wood work a few years after H&R's demise (that gun has since been discontinued).
I've actually heard good things about Turkish guns in general. Well built, economically priced, hits what its aimed at...what more could you ask for?
If its made in Turkey, its definitely worth consideration in my book.
If it appeals to you, I'd say get it (or both).

Dean

Ah yes Turkish made..
Spare parts availability is zero.

View attachment 734101
Which company(s) are you referring to here?
First time I've heard of such a thing, concerning turkish guns.
PM me, if you want.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top