JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you want a red dot and don't want to spend aimpoint/eotech money then I would check out primaryarms.com for one of their red dots. also Vortex makes a couple nice red dots. there is a lot of information on ar15.com on primary arms.

for a cheap red dot that works I second the Primary Arms. Works well, battery lasts and it has held zero very reliably on my .308 AR platform. Once I get better optics for it I will put my PA red dot on a little .22lr AR trainer.

Primary arms optics are good. Some of the NCstar red dot and mark iii scopes are great. I didn't think they would hold up but they work well with the 5.56/.223 recoil. It's the barska and some other lesser known brand that usually fall short. I actually went from my eotech to the cheapo mark iii scope i had due to vision issue and works great.

I love my Bushnell Trophy 1X red dot &"T"
The Dot is 1MOA The "T" is probably 3-5MOA the gap between the leg of the "T" and the dot allows for a hold over point at longer ranges. They sell for $150.
I've used mine on a Mini-30, Mini-14, AR Flat Top. I use a $10 riser on the flat top

10-18 003.jpg

Pay ones cry ones.

You can get Aimpoint T-1 and mount combo deal for around $500 nowadays. H-1 will even save more, since most us don't own night visions.

Pay ones cry ones.

You can get Aimpoint T-1 and mount combo deal for around $500 nowadays. H-1 will even save more, since most us don't own night visions.

if I was building a battle rifle or something I was going to be using where my life would depend on it, that would be my choice. i've had an aimpoint on mine and now have a vortex strikefire on it. I sold the aimpoint and bought the strikefire and ammo. it's amazing it has always worked for me and vortex has the best customer service in the optics buisiness hands down if I ever do have an issue.

You might take a look at the Lucid HD7 red-dot, I think it's pretty good bang for the buck at around 2 bills. It uses common AA batts, has 4 different reticules, auto brightness, auto shutoff and seems pretty rugged. They are available with a screw-in 2x magnifier also.

P2010013.jpg

Do you want a scope or a red dot? What are you going to be using it for?

On my target AR I have an IOR 4-14x50 with MP-8 dot reticle and those are my "goto" for scopes but they are not cheep.

If you are looking for something a little less serious many of the 1-4x scopes on the market are good and there have been tons of threads if you search. I like the Leatherwood CMR 1-4 and if you search CMR you will fine several detailed threads.

i just put an eotech 557 on my daughters ar15 and it is sweet!
it is very accurate but i have an astigmatism in my left eye and have to wear glasses to shoot it or it looks blurry,with glasses its very clear in the daylight and awesome at dusk and has night vision capability if you needed it,very tacticool!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top