JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here know where a Lefty can find a high quality AR15 Left Hand 6.5 Grendel bolt? I can modify a RH barrel extension to a LH format.

Also, has anyone tried to see if a 6.8 SPC LH bolt head would work with the 6.5 Grendel? I dunno fur sures. Probably not so there you have it.

hundreds of AR15 builds. also left handed. bummer. :)

Thank you KeepnitReel! :)

"Us Lefties Must Hang Together Or We Will Most Certainly Hang Separately!"
IMG_1173.JPG

Just make sure you pic the bolt to match your barrel. Underground still cuts their barrels for the type I , which allows the bolt to have a little more meat on the bones (less prone from breakage on the lugs)

Most 6.5 Grendel's barrels on the market are a type II.

Underground barrels are amazing, made in house , and their machinist are all vets !! Buy their combo.

Thank you KeepnitReel! :)

"Us Lefties Must Hang Together Or We Will Most Certainly Hang Separately!"

Agreed, that's why underground does type I bolts with their barrels.

Type 2 uses a .136" bolt face recess while type 1 uses a .125" bolt face recess.

My main concern over a fairly high round count, (less than 5K) is that the service/safety life of the weakened 6.5 Grendel bolt rim may be exceeded. Material is removed.

KeepnitReel: Thank you. I did not know what difference there was. Just learned something new. Therefore it would safe to assume, (dangerous word!) that a type one 6.5 Grendel AR15 barrel extension/barrel would have to go with the type 1 Grendel LH bolt?

And to assume the type one might be slightly stronger, thus perhaps enjoying a longer service life. A couple of correct proper head spaceed bolts might be a valid solution to the reduced bolt life? About every 1000 rounds swap out the bolts using the same barrel.

Wondering right now where I can find a premium threaded left hand 20" 6.5 Grendel heavy barrel with the A2 taper pin front OEM sight assembly. Finding the taper pin version will be the difficulty. Oh the joys of being a South Paw. Thank you again for your help.

I wouldn't hesitate to email Underground. Address it to Jason , I'm sure he could build a barrel for your needs. He called me in a day to discuss my needs , and I was like you just 4 weeks ago. This build cost for my fathers birthday rifle has me praising to the gun gods that I'm right handed!!!!!! I feel for you lefties :(

KeepnitReel: Thank you. I did not know what difference there was. Just learned something new. Therefore it would safe to assume, (dangerous word!) that a type one 6.5 Grendel AR15 barrel extension/barrel would have to go with the type 1 Grendel LH bolt?

And to assume the type one might be slightly stronger, thus perhaps enjoying a longer service life. A couple of correct proper head spaceed bolts might be a valid solution to the reduced bolt life? About every 1000 rounds swap out the bolts using the same barrel.

Wondering right now where I can find a premium threaded left hand 20" 6.5 Grendel heavy barrel with the A2 taper pin front OEM sight assembly. Finding the taper pin version will be the difficulty. Oh the joys of being a South Paw. Thank you again for your help.

Just finished. My lefty father's 70th birthday present. He shot one of mine a few years ago and since then every time we get to see each other (maybe twice a year) he always brings up that day of shooting. Looking forward to seeing his reaction in a few weeks when he gets here. 6.5 Grendel
IMG_4665.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4677.JPG
IMG_4673.JPG

Last Edited:
Nah. Not possible. You just reversed the photo! You also went to great length to reverse the Porsche sign. You cleverly also reversed the paper bag, cement mixer and gas can half full of gas. And .... you .... you .... you did not reverse the lower receiver mag drop and butt stock stuff?

No. Wait. Is that a real LEFT HAND 6.5 Grendel AR15 rifle? Wow. Wow! More WOW!! I want one. My eye doctor said I have advanced eyeball erosion. How come he asked? I told him 25K+ AR15 and M16 rounds. He nodded. No more, he strongly suggested. I need and want a LH AR 15 rifle.

Thank you. KeepnitReel. Are you happy with the butt stock assembly? I want the older A2 RIFLE stock setup. :)

Fittment is good with the Luth-ar, took awhile to get all the parts needed to complete this build. Big thanks to Jason at Underground Tactical for the barrel and bolt. Billet upper from black rain, billet lower from new frontier. The only main issues now I see is the scope base, ejection cover opens upward on a lefty , hoping to see good ejections with the current setup but might have to go nightforce rings since they use a small lock nut vs quick connect system.

Nah. Not possible. You just reversed the photo! You also went to great length to reverse the Porsche sign. You cleverly also reversed the paper bag, cement mixer and gas can half full of gas. And .... you .... you .... you did not reverse the lower receiver mag drop and butt stock stuff?

No. Wait. Is that a real LEFT HAND 6.5 Grendel AR15 rifle? Wow. Wow! More WOW!! I want one. My eye doctor said I have advanced eyeball erosion. How come he asked? I told him 25K+ AR15 and M16 rounds. He nodded. No more, he strongly suggested. I need and want a LH AR 15 rifle.

Thank you. KeepnitReel. Are you happy with the butt stock assembly? I want the older A2 RIFLE stock setup. :)

Which type of bolt and barrel extension will head space correctly and safely chamber and shoot using factory "SAMMAI", (sp?) 6.5 Grendel ammo? Type one and type one, or type 2 and type 2? Or is this a non issue? Do not mix the types. I admit my 6.5 Grendel knowledge is still spinning up. Old school.

Last Edited:
I'm pretty sure type 1 , but again I would contact underground tactical. They build all the bolts for almost every 6.5 G manufacturers.
Which type of bolt and barrel extension will head space correctly and safely chamber and shoot using factory "SAMMI", (sp?) 6.5 Grendel ammo? Type one and type one, or type 2 and type 2? Or is this a non issue? Do not mix the types. I admit my 6.5 Grendel knowledge is still spinning up. Old school.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top