JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Built an AR chambered in 7.62x39. Test fired it for the first time today, fires one round, ejects the brass cleanly, but doesn't chamber the next round. I have a rifle length gas tube on a 20" barrel. Most forums I've read recommend opening up the gas port in the barrel, I've also read a couple that recommend changes in the weight of the buffer or springs. Leaning towards opening up the gas port, does anyone here have real world experience and recommendations? What size should the gas port be? Haven't taken any thorough measurements, but the round end of a 1/8" drill bit will not fit. Using an ASC 30 round magazine. Everything works when I cycle it manually.

1st disassemble and dry lube your mag, check mag catch to see if the catch is screwed even with the release button, check for burrs and dents in mag. Lube your recoil spring w/lithium grease. inspect your bolt and bolt locking recesses for burrs etc. Gas key correct? Is your ammo reloaded?
If the above are to spec try to locate an adjustable gas block and install.:p

Verify your gas port is in the right spot on the gas block. It may go back far enough to eject but not to pick up another if they are misaligned.

Verify your gas port is in the right spot on the gas block. It may go back far enough to eject but not to pick up another if they are misaligned.
Checked it. Applied a little lock tight to the area to improve the seal, no change.

1st disassemble and dry lube your mag, check mag catch to see if the catch is screwed even with the release button, check for burrs and dents in mag. Lube your recoil spring w/lithium grease. inspect your bolt and bolt locking recesses for burrs etc. Gas key correct? Is your ammo reloaded?
If the above are to spec try to locate an adjustable gas block and install.:p
Will give it a try.

Will give it a try.
Problem solved. Fired it with a single round, the bolt did not lock back. Did a full mechanical inspection, lubed the mag and buffer. No joy. Gas port was .094 opened it up to .125. Everything's running like a well oiled machine. Thanks to all.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews