JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
JUST FYI, I am reposting this, not my own stuff, found this on another forum.

Here is where I got the idea http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

So a buddy and I decided last night to do some trigger work on our ARs after I found this article. Figured some of you guys might find it interesting. We actually did 4 guns last night, the only thing we didn't do that this guy does is the actual polishing method on the trigger. We pulled them apart and used a dremel with a polishing wheel and some very light polishing compound to clean and polish the hammer sear. We did not take any metal off the trigger or sear just polished them. Here is the run down on the gun's we worked on.

S&W M&P.5.56cal. Trigger measured at approx. 7lbs before work with horrible feeling creep. I say approx. because this one was all over the board but averaged in this area. After the work creep is very smooth but still there, with a consistent 4.75 lb pull.

DPMS LR308 Trigger measured 8lbs consistent with horrible creep. Now on this gun I wasn't very comfortable with cutting the hammer spring it is much stiffer than the others we worked on. I might change my mind though. After polishing and trigger spring work it measured at consistent 5.75lbs, creep is much smoother as well.

Olympic Arms 5.56cal. Trigger measured at a consistent 6 lbs with creep. After work trigger measured consistent 3.75 lbs with smooth creep. One thing I want to say about this gun, in my opinion this gun has the best feeling trigger out of the bunch even before the work it was smoother and lighter than the rest.

DPMS 204cal. Trigger measured consistent 7lbs with bad creep. After work trigger measured consistent 4.90 lbs with smoothed creep. This gun had noticeably stiffer springs than the others. I don't think it has anything to do with caliber but more to do with brand.

I also ordered some Jard 3.5 lb trigger springs $10.00, when I get them I will report how they work out. I also had to order a few other items that I need to install before I actually get to go shoot the guns. I will keep you guys posted on how they work out.

Anyone else been messing with there black guns lately?

You should also cut the "tail" off the hammer to prevent light strikes. Otherwise you have too much mass for too little spring.

This technique will also not work with .22LR uppers/conversions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top