JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The carrier is peened over on one side so the cam pin can only go in one way. If you look at the bolt, just remember the extractor has to point toward the ejection port in the upper.

The cam pin should only go in one way the beveled hole will receive the cam pin unless you use a hammer it wont fit in the wrong hole .
1673196046026.png

Ok, it's probably ok. first time taking it apart and I just remember there being a pin and a hole. Then I thought, can you put the bolt/extractor in two ways? I'll have to take a look again.

Put it back together right before i left for work. thanks for the info. Problem with having to many platforms, needing to get familiar with them all. I avoided AR's for a while, got one in the 114 scare

Only one way will let you. They cam pin is tapered and will only go in if the bolt is facing correctly.

the bolt can be installed in two, 180 opposite directions correct? Is one direction better than the other?
You can buy more expensive left ejecting ar uppers and bcgs. The advantage if you are a left handed shooter is the left ejection. Personally I vastly prefer this. While there is a blowback reversible 9mm bolt that can be used on either, this is in the realms of the very obscure.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR