JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm coming across a little problem that magpul never mentions. I have their MOE handguard and MOE bolt-on rails. The problem is that once mounted on either side of the handguard my internal space is so limited that I can't fit my internal heat shield into place. So my question is, how necessary is this aluminum heatshield? Should I just go without it or will my hands and polymer be complaining without it? My only other option is to dremel the **** out of the screws and shorten them up... not going to be fun.

i used to have a magpul moe handguard system on with rails...never had any issues with clearance with heatshields. maybe you should snap some photos for more details into the problem.

OK, after some major time and fitting I got it all back together, I'm afraid to ever take it apart again though. Had to put the inner on first, then the top, then part of the bottom, then wedge in the inner into place, then do some serious working, and finally it all came together. what a pain....

So question still stands, is the inner really necessary?

I'm curious about this post. I just ordered the moe hg in carbine length and plan to run the rails at 6 and 10 o'clock.

I'm not positive but my logic tells me the heat shield is probably not doing much unless you are shooting full auto or going through several rounds in a short period of time. '

*Has any1 here ever got their bbl really hot while not running a hs with plastics hg's?

I'm curious about this post. I just ordered the moe hg in carbine length and plan to run the rails at 6 and 10 o'clock.

I'm not positive but my logic tells me the heat shield is probably not doing much unless you are shooting full auto or going through several rounds in a short period of time. '

*Has any1 here ever got their bbl really hot while not running a hs with plastics hg's?

My barrel heats up pretty darn quick when I start doing defensive shooting drills.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top