JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER... I require a peek at your CPL and WA DL. If you don't have a CPL, I'm sorry, but I won't sell this to you.

This is a complete package. You won't need ANYTHING, and it has an EXTREMELY LOW ROUND COUNT. I've only shot 80 rounds through it, so it's "like new".

This package includes a red dot sight, with an integrated laser, and the sight has turret locks (so it will hold a zero). I'm not a big fan of lasers, because the impact point changes with distance, and a laser shoots a straight beam. The shaking red dot kinda f---s with me, when I'm shooting and moving, and at any distance (under daylight conditions) you can't really use them. It's sighted in for closer range, because the only time I've used it is at the Law Enforcement Bay (indoors at 25 yds). You can see (from the pics) that the sight and laser are set at different distances. Regardless, if you're shooting and moving, you won't really notice... Just aim somewhere in-between! :D

I sighted in the optic, then I shot in a moving square. I shot a few rounds moving forward (swapped magazines), shot a few rounds going right (swapped magazines), shot a few rounds moving backwards (swapped magazines), and shot a few rounds moving left. I didn't encounter any problems, and I was shooting/moving pretty fast. No failures what-so-ever, but the front sight had to be mounted backwards (due to the magpul hand guard, and the profile of the front sight). This caused it to flip up, but I'm not sure if it's from the recoil or the fact that I was moving/swapping magazines. Regardless... This weapon WORKS!

The light is brighter than my friends TLR-1, and has a very rugged construction. It's beam is focused PERFECTLY at your target, and proved to be very functional in low-light/no-light situations (also tested at the LE Bay). The laser (mentioned above) was still visible with the light, but (again) we were only at 25 yds. The light's pressure switch is a lot nicer than most. It has a positive feel, and is built for abuse. It isn't a cheap permanently attached switch, it is a plug-in construction, so the contact points are FAR more sturdy.

The sling works well. It's a 3 point, that functions more like a well placed single point. The weapon hangs well in the center of your torso, but you can easily shift it to the side (if you are going to a knee, or transitioning to your secondary... Also tested in the LE Bay). It's mounted to a Daniel Defense sling mount, and the Magpul CTR Stock. I have a hard time shifting single point slings, and if you don't shift them, you're going to get knocked in the chin when you drop to a knee... BUY THIS, and you won't have that problem.

The Magpul Moe RVG is a nice compromise. I prefer hand stops, but this has a great profile. It's shorter than the traditional "broom handle", and it's tapered on both ends, so it doesn't snag on your gear and you can use it (comfortably) as a hand stop. It's a great way to maintain consistency in your shooting... You'll know exactly where to place your support hand, regardless of how you use the grip. If you think about it, consistency is the only thing that makes a good shooter. If everything is the same (grip, body position, weapon, ammo, etc), every shot is going to be placed in the same hole.

The stock... Well... It's a stock. It shoulders well, like most stocks, and worked fine. I DO like the lower profile, and the fact that it has a nice slope for your cheek. It doesn't snag on anything, when you bring it up, so it's fast. Other than that, it's just a stock.

The magnifier is a great addition. It has QDT (quick detach) throw levers, and has a flip-to-side mount. It's not the most expensive magnifier, but it serves it's purpose. If you don't want to use it, you can just flip 2 levers, and remove it. If you "might" want to use it, you can just flip it to the side, till the opportunity presents itself. It's quick, easy, and functional. The low profile rear sight doesn't interfere with the flip-to-side function, and they work well together. The optics are pretty clear, but the eye relief isn't as good as "high-end" optics. You're not going to "scope" yourself (end up with a bruised ring around your eye from the recoil), but if you're using the magnifier, you'll have to shoot like you're using a scoped rifle (a little slower than a red dot).

For all of the "STUFF" that this weapon has, it's still pretty light. All of the magpul furniture is extremely light, compared to traditional quad rail systems, and it's a lot more comfortable. If you're looking for a do-it-all weapon, this is a great option. You can carry it all day, and in to the night. The optics are good for both close quarters (red dot/laser) and mid-range (magnifier), the light can be used in low/no light situations, and it's proven to be reliable through rapid fire and movement.

The price is $1400, and I'm including a Midway rifle case, three BRAND NEW PMAGS, and 200 rounds.

I forgot to mention the accuracy. This thing is a tack driver! I didn't do any precision shooting, but from a standing position (at 25 yds) I was placing all of the rounds in to a 3" shoot-and-see. The upper and lower have not been shimmed, and they fit extremely tight (kinda rare). I'm sure if I sat down, had some sand bags, concentrated on my breathing, and payed attention to the trigger pull, this thing would show some ridiculously accurate results.

011edit_zps1972dfb3.jpg 012edit_zps84319832.jpg 008edit_zpsc1502af6.jpg 006edit_zps5eb729d2.jpg 005edit_zpsa3ff1f8a.jpg 003edit_zps21aceb01.jpg 002edit_zps0aac4923.jpg 004edit_zps5f221178.jpg 001edit_zpsf221a51e.jpg 007edit_zps7caff7ba.jpg 015edit_zps69eca83c.jpg 016edit_zps39d2fccb.jpg 013edit_zps5411c205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh... Good call! I kinda forgot about "form" and went straight to the "function" of this weapon.

The upper is a cerro forge, and if you do a little research, you'll find that these are arguably the best forged uppers on the market. The lower is made by Aero Precision. I've had several (and still have a couple) ARs, and I don't notice a difference between the components. If they're put together correctly, I've never had any problems with any of the manufacturers (dpms, colt, delton, aero, saa, olympic, and stag are just a few of the ones that I've personally used).

The only factor that I would consider, is the "slop" between the upper and the lower. This one doesn't have any slop, and it's not shimmed. If you do encounter any slop in your AR, you can buy a small shim (and they're CHEAP), to take care of that issue. They look like a little doll house chair, and they're made of rubber. You just place them under the rear take-down pin, and they push up on the retaining pin lug.

To avoid any unnecessary questions or posts... NO... I don't play with doll houses, I just couldn't think of a better way to describe the shim! :D

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top