JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You may or may not know that unlike AR15's, AR10 mags are not all interchangeable

Here is a quote put up directly or Rockriver's AR10 site

Rock River Arms: NOTICE - RRA LAR-8 Parts Interchangeability

rra_lar8stmt2.jpg

If you know which ones are or have link or crossover data please share.

Oh yeah and if you know who has AR10 mags for sale at a fair price, I would love to know about them.

rra_lar8stmt2.jpg

Well there are several different styles and you need to know what you have. Some use Stoner style mags, some use modified M-14 mags, some use G3 mags, some use FAL or modified FAL mags.

What ones do you need?

The magazine is a inch pattern FAL or L1A1 magazine

For some reason worth more than the metric fal even though few rifles can use them unless the front stud is ground down

As stated they are Inch pattern FAL mags.

The reason they cost more is there are less of them, simple supply and demand. Like any item that is less common the price goes up.

OK, so if I understand right it was the front notch that was the giveaway as to what kind ( inch or metric ) they are??

any leads to where they can be gotten at a fair price

Correct. The Inch pattern have the heavy lug on them. The Metric ones are basically punched out from the inside of the mag.

Lots of internet searching to find the best price. When I had mine I sold them for about $25/each in a package deal with the gun about 6 years ago. At the time Metric mags were about $5-6.

On that Midway link all say they are for Metric guns. Another one to look up is L1A1 magazines as that is the FAL that actually takes them. L1-A1 magazine - Google Search

In theory Inch guns can use metric mags. They are said to not fit as tight and may not be as reliable. Might be worth a try depending on price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top