JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Beef Stroganoff is MH's customers #1 favorite meal. You can buy the BS powder through resturant supply houses as it is a common item in the industry.
As for the salt: yes far too much salt but in many preserved foods the salt content is federly mandated.
I recently had a proscutio ham that was so loaded with salt and nitrates that I had to cut it in chunks and soak it, with several changes of water, for 3 days to make it edible!
Pickled foods can be rinsed and soaked in clean water
all the more reason to drink large amounts of water each day

Mountain House has some great tasting stuff. I work off-trail for up to a week at a time and also use it a lot when I'm hiking and camping. Definitely lots of salt, though, so drink a lot of water.
...and just expect your body to "react" to the new diet if you're relying solely on this stuff. :s0114:

and just expect your body to "react" to the new diet if you're relying solely on this stuff.
In any high stress situation your body will reflect what your mind is dealing with.
Normally trail food will change your bowels, one way or the other.
When I did my unsupported trek up the PCT I made my own rations out of #10 MH foods & common Super MKT dehydrated food stuffs and buried caches in ABS tubing where the trail crossed Hiways. The tubes were glued shut and with a few moth-balls in the soil, bear proofed.
The dried food was run through a blender to make it as compact as possible; veg, starch, meat, flavorings.
Mix with HOT water=MUSH.
IF you are hungry you will lick every tiny bit off every surface and look for more.
Otherwise it tastes terrible, a built in rationing system

I had a chance to pick up some for a very reasonable price, so we tried a couple. The taste was very good on the chicken and noodles and chicken and rice. I agree that there is a bunch of salt or sodium in them and it probably helps preserve them. They are made here in Albany. The factory puts a 7 year shelf life on the vacuum packs and 25 year shelf life on the canned items. Stored properly, my guess is that they would stay good for longer......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top