JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Use 148 grain wad cutters in it and you won't believe how accurate the gun is. I use 231 powder but bullseye was the powder in the day. Look for the builders stamp under the crane.

I figured that it was built to use wadcutters. The action job is so nice that the trigger take up allows for almost single action shooting.

Somebody did a Fine job on that Model 15-2. I shot PPC for a number of years. I found it to be great fun and the Shooters were some of the Best Folks in the World! You have yourself a great piece of history there. Congrats.

Bullseye and Red Dot were around way before 1973..

Bullseye is a great powder if your were careful in the old days. Double charges blew up a lot of gun using the old way to reload. Good modern machinery makes double charges near impossible now but back in the day it happened far too often.

Bullseye is a great powder if your were careful in the old days. Double charges blew up a lot of gun using the old way to reload. Good modern machinery makes double charges near impossible now but back in the day it happened far too often.
Yea, they still make it. Not real smart to double any powder.
Then there were the conspiracy dudes thinking 2.7 detonated.

Neat article.

"Some powders, such as WW-231, may deposit
unburned powder flakes in the chambers.
Sometimes, when the cases. are ejected,
these flakes find their way under the extractor,
thereby decreasing headspace and
causing the gun to jam, especially in
double-action fire.."

A lot of guys make sure their gun is muzzle up when ejecting, along with having under the star clean and dry to help minimize this potential problem.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads