JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I was gifted an assortment of random ammunition. A small handful of rounds are stamped "38 SPL CBC" ... you can see the round on the right in the picture next to a regular 38 SPL hallow point.

Who has used these rounds? What are your thoughts?

Most importantly: I'm in the market for a 357/38 SPL lever gun (let me know if you have one for sale!!) would these shorter CBC rounds work in a lever gun?

Thanks!

D8D09A40-03A1-4406-A74B-9771D9229CEF.jpeg

Except for the belt they look like wadcutter rounds. Popular in the 60's and 70's. The S&W model 52 was designed specifically for them. Of course other guns could fire them too.

Yes, wadcutters. CBC is a Brazilian cartridge company. Many Magtech cartridges are marked CBC.

Some lever guns will feed wadcutters, some won't. But you can certainly single load them to get them used up.

I've seen wadcutters. Don't think I've seen any fully encased. Good to know. Anyone know if these would work in a lever gun? (Don't have one yet but I'm in the market)

Hey Folks,

I was gifted an assortment of random ammunition. A small handful of rounds are stamped "38 SPL CBC" ... you can see the round on the right in the picture next to a regular 38 SPL hallow point.

Who has used these rounds? What are your thoughts?

Most importantly: I'm in the market for a 357/38 SPL lever gun (let me know if you have one for sale!!) would these shorter CBC rounds work in a lever gun?

Thanks!

View attachment 821985
Yep wadcutter not to be confused with a semi wadcutter .on the right and most likely either freedom munitions remanufactured or xtreme bullet reloaded by who knows on the left.

Thank you all. I think "wadcutter" has been established. Can anyone tell me more? Use in a 3" revolver? What about that lever gun I'm seeking?

Thank you all. I think "wadcutter" has been established. Can anyone tell me more? Use in a 3" revolver? What about that lever gun I'm seeking?
Revolver yes but most likely not so much in lever. Most levers are 357 and some are finicky running standard 38's I think the flat end may hinder feedramp use. But if ya want to really find out come on over I have a couple different ones to try em in.

Revolver yes but most likely not so much in lever. Most levers are 357 and some are finicky running standard 38's I think the flat end may hinder feedramp use. But if ya want to really find out come on over I have a couple different ones to try em in.

Sounds good! I only have a handful so it could be a fun experiment.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top