JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sure wish I had room for a lathe, though a used lathe is not something I'd feel good about buying sight unseen. It could be worn or damaged in any one of a number of ways that could be very expensive to fix.

I'm curious to see what it goes for.

School shop lathes not likely to have a lot of hours on them but then again also not run by experianced operators. You can bet they were cleaned up every class though. Could be a deal buy all 6 Build the best one from them and sell off the others individual to make a profit. you would need a bunch of transportation and storage shop space though.

I have a 1929 9 X 48 South Bend lathe I restored many years ago.

It had been a former shop class lathe and not in too bad of condition but sometime between 1929 and 2004 it traveled from California to Oregon with who knows how many 'stops' along the way.

IT took a bit of work to get it almost fully operational and it's still very tight and holds tight tolerances.

I have made a lot of little parts and projects on it but mostly it gets used as 'the biggest case trimmer of all' !

LATHE.JPG

A machine of this size can easily and cheaply be retro fitted with a 110 volt motor . These would be a great deal for someone. High machine rarely have much actual run time on them and should have many decades life left in them.

Once you have one you will find you can use it often. Drilling holes, polishing things, cutting off things , threading, and of coarse turning to diameter. Even light milling with attachment.

Once you have one you will find you can use it often. Drilling holes, polishing things, cutting off things , threading, and of coarse turning to diameter. Even light milling with attachment.
Pulling hair, de-scalping, neck tie roller, sleeve grabber, wedding ring catcher...

Pulling hair, de-scalping, neck tie roller, sleeve grabber, wedding ring catcher...
I still remember all the gory pictures from my classes at the community college way back when. They give you a healthy respect for machine tools.

Sold for only $651. I sure wish I had room for one. Maybe one of these days...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top