JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious if anyone has used a bufferless foxtrot Mike upper or AR. Mainly looking at reliability/longevity and recoil impulse compared to regular ARs. Let me know if you have one or shot one please. Thx!

As far as I can tell so far it uses dual recoil springs?

I love subgun sized ARs with no buffer. Such a handy size and can fire with stock folded/collapsed such as in vehicle. Have a brn-180 10.5" but always wanted a 12.5".

Contemplating getting a 12.5" and shooting side by side with the brn-180 to see what differences are. But foxtrot Mike design is new vs ar-180 short stroke gas piston design has been in use since the 60's when stoner designed it and used in numerous guns like hk416, scar, Aug, g36 etc. 12.5" is ideal length for me. The brn 180 10.5" is within 1/2" of size of regular mp5 so foxtrot Mike 12.5" should be only 2" bigger which would still be handy if stock folded/collapsed. I would think foxtrot would be quite a bit lighter than brn-180 due to DI but have not actually compared weights yet.

Re barrel lengths, here is a energy graph from Mrgunsngear video. I added % loss or gain for 10.5, 12.5, 14.5, 18, 20" compared to 16". I have other graphs from different data sources but can't find it at moment. In terms of velocity, below 10" is where the round falls off a cliff and according to others behaves differently in terms of lethality.

D75C9F9C-CE50-431D-9604-6134AED563BC.jpeg
Edit: found the other graphs, % almost the same. I've found Mrgunsngear data to be consistently good, especially his sound data.

4D24183A-F636-460A-8065-72E15F4A034A.jpeg

Last Edited:
I see palmetto 13.7" is on sale for $1299 for complete gun. Upper is $829

Foxtrot Mike 12.5" is $699 for complete gun and $525 for just the upper.
Never looked that closely, but that definitely makes the FM more interesting. I've had FM products, mostly 9mm varieties, and they have all worked flawlessly.

Last Edited: