JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been thinking about getting an ankle holster for my sig p928 (a very small 9mm). Can anyone recommend one? My preferences in order are (1) stays in place (doesn't work it's way down to my foot over time), (2) Comfort (not hot plastic ideally more breathable is better I would guess), (3) and simplicity (i.e. less fasteners to undue etc.). I don't mind it being a little hard to dig the gun out or making noise such as pulling velcro. Also I'm open to other criteria I should be considering. Thanks for any help!

Before you buy an ankle holster, watch Get Shorty...:D

On a serious note, I've tried 2-3 even for my LCP and found the pocket holster a much better way to go...hope you find what you're looking for.

I want to like ankle carry more than I actually do, but so far the best I've found is the Gallo ankle glove. A bit more pricey, but it stays in place fairly well (relative to others), and is very comfortable.
A Glock 43 stays put, but a heavier steel-framed carry piece would probably still move too much for my liking.
Good luck...hope it works for you.

Before you buy an ankle holster, watch Get Shorty...:D

On a serious note, I've tried 2-3 even for my LCP and found the pocket holster a much better way to go...hope you find what you're looking for.
I use an Alabama pocket holster for the p938 and I would give it a 9.5 out of 10 as pocket hoksters go. Just curious about ankle holsters mainly to see if it might be an alternative. I have never tried one. What did u not like about the ones u have tried?

I want to like ankle carry more than I actually do, but so far the best I've found is the Gallo ankle glove. A bit more pricey, but it stays in place fairly well (relative to others), and is very comfortable.
A Glock 43 stays put, but a heavier steel-framed carry piece would probably still move too much for my liking.
Good luck...hope it works for you.
Cool thx I'll look into that one. I assume it's galco ( my phone tries to correct it to "Gallo" as I type this ha ha )

Yeah, Galco.
I could never get comfortable with the feeling of the weight of the gun "flapping" with every step. Even though the holster holds it securely, the momentum of the weight is just...strange.
Boots help to support the gun from sliding down, and you'll want loose pant legs (hems? Hell, I don't know what they're called...the ankle hole!) so you can access easily. Long too, so they don't ride up and expose your carry piece.

Anyone try the bugBITE?

I carry a Glock 43, and a pocket holster is not the best option for me. I've had an inexpensive desantis for a few years and it's rapidly wearing out, although it's done pretty dang well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top