JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a hunting rifle for my wife in 7mm-08. Came across the weatherby Camilla. Looks like a great fit for her but can't find one for her to hold and feel (it's got to fit). So anybody have any experience with them? Any input will be very appreciated.

7mm-08 had to order from a gun store in junction city because sportsmans could not get in 7mm-08. They had 6.5 on the rack

Last Edited:
I know this isn't the question you are asking but if she goes with a wood stock it can easily be cut down. I wanted a left-handed .270 but they are hard to find at a price that I find affordable. When I finally found one I bought it knowing the length of pull was too long. Took it to a gunsmith who took some measurements, cut down the stock, and installed a recoil pad. $100 for the service and parts, and fits like a glove now :).

If you know the LOP on the Camilla take a tape measure with you the next time you and her go to a gun shop. Have her shoulder rifles with the same or similar LOP. That should give her a pretty good idea of wether or not the Camilla will fit.

The length of pull wasn't so much the prob it was the rise of the cheek piece. When she would shoulder the rifle the pad would not aline right with her. The camilla being a rifle made for a woman corrected that and has a twist so it clears her lady parts

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top