JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a hankering to buy an inexpensive AK-47, and just stumbled across these blemished AK-47s from Palmetto State Armory.

I know PSA is a love it or hate it type of gun manufacturer for many, so I'm looking for any hands on experience from fellow members.

What say you?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psak-47-gf3-forged-classic-polymer-rifle-odg.html

PSA AK47.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: For $50 more, this seems like a better deal. You get a full set of Magpul furniture, which includes an mlok handguard and folding stock. (PSA sells the furniture set for $149 separately)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psak-47-gf3-forged-moekov-rifle-odg.html?qty=1

PSA AK47 MOEKOV.png

Last Edited:
They have been hit or miss in the past but apparently the newer ones are decent. Their materials and heat treatment are still questionable and I've had issues with their customer service as well. I would look at KUSA for a U.S. AK or Zastava for a good all-around AK.

Edit: AKOperatorsUnion is a great source for AK aficionados and they have found newer models to be almost decent. The old ones were no-go.

Last Edited:
I have been happy with them (non AK). They sell a lot (sometimes take a few days to ship) and are based in the SE, so some people get unhappy about the shipping times being longer.

I forgot to add that I did own their higher end AK103 clone (it's not even close to being clone correct but whatever). It was fairly picky with what magazines it would seat, none of my Bulgarian or Polish mags fit properly. They're some of the best AK mags, too. It had a canted front sight and somewhat crooked barrel but that's fairly common with cheaper AKs. I want to like PSA AKs, but KUSA just produces a higher quality product with proper heat treatment, forgings, and nicer rivets. Then again I'm spoiled by my Polish Beryl and SAM7 which I'd say are worth the increased cost due to overall proven quality and collectibility.

In the future when imports are banned, I'd say a nice ZPAP or even WASR would be nice to have and will serve you well for decades. Avoid the "Polish Hellpup", it's not produced by FB Radom and is trash (it says Radom but don't be fooled, it's not Fabrika Broni). Also avoid the VSKA, it has a tendency to go kaboom.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top