JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old guy wandering thru the internet looking at stufffffff - and wandered in here and thought I'd join in. Been around firearms since I was bout half the height of a fencepost and owned more than a few. Most are gone now with kids and such helping me distribute them (mostly without asking). I have never liked the AR stuff since the military took away our M14's and gave out what we considered a piece of junk way back when. But I have reconsidered and now and actually have a couple of them. A few years ago I really wanted an M14 again and was just about to buy one when Ruger came out with their AR 7.62 (now discontinued for some reason or other). Thinking about the two types of a 7.62 round weapon I finally got the Ruger. To my surprise I really like the simplicity of the AR design (who would have thunk it?). Well the AR stuff seemed pretty simple to build up so I bought some stufffff and built a 6.5 Grendel AR based. Wow, this thing really shoots well.
I have made custom knives for the last thirty years or so to keep old hands busy. Think I will post one or two up on the forums and see if anyone is interested in handmade Damascus blades or not. Thanks for letting an old fart join the party folks.
How do you go about loading an avatar in this forum?

Welcome aboard!

EBA5FF27-7968-42E0-B506-0E333231B724.jpeg

Greetings!

To create an avatar, click on your account (your avatar, or up top on a page).

Your current avatar should have "edit" on it. Click that & go from there.

Easiest to use images already on your device to chose from.

You may have to wait until you have so many posts. Honestly forget, however give a look see.

I have never liked the AR stuff since the military took away our M14's and gave out what we considered a piece of junk way back when. But I have reconsidered and now and actually have a couple of them.

My dad use to say the same thing, he got over it to and is also and AR owner, though he still has an M14.

Nice work on your knifes BTW. Welcome aboard.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews