JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, fellas, this is my first post. My name is Logan and I live in North Seattle. I went to the Olympia rally two Fridays ago, my first time doing something like that. It made me realize that 1) I need to find people near me that are interested in firearms because living and working in Seattle is bringing me down quite a bit. And 2) as gun owners we need to start rallying together and promote the opposite of what the mainstream is telling the sheep. I've never been overly political, but now, with the real growth of anti-gunners, we have a job to do. Maybe I'm being dumb and too paranoid, but it sure doesn't seem that way. Anyway, that's my rant and introduction lol. IMG_20190118_113114.jpg

Hello Logan. Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent. No, you're not being paranoid. There is a massive attack on gun rights in OR and WA now.
And fewer people are familiar with guns these days. I need NWFA just to be able to enjoy a little gun talk without someone wetting themselves in alarm.
Carol

Welcome to NWFA. :)

Thank you for making a showing! How'd the rally go?
I thought it went awesome. I wish I could've been there to see the hearings. My problem is that I live in a highly anti-gun area, so talking to the representatives was almost a waste of time and effort. What I did learn is that we all can make a huge difference if every single one of us call email or even drive and visit your representatives. In person is the most effective being a ratio of one person visiting represents approximately 100 couch potatoes. Calling and emailing are a lot lower but still a good gauge. I plan to visit as often as possible, and I have been spreading these numbers to as many people that will listen. We need to be a lot more like the left and be heard, use their tactics against them.

I just realized that all of my punctuation got erased since I'm on my phone writing all this lol. The big take away from all of this is that we all have to be active. The amount of people over the age of 40 by far outnumbered anyone 35 and younger. We NEED to get young folks involved. There is this resistance to defending one's self in the US these days. The irony is that every person fighting against our guns drives around with insurance for those just-in-case times.
This article sums it up https://splinternews.com/you-dont-need-a-handgun-1832124563

Hello Logan. Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent. No, you're not being paranoid. There is a massive attack on gun rights in OR and WA now.
And fewer people are familiar with guns these days. I need NWFA just to be able to enjoy a little gun talk without someone wetting themselves in alarm.
Carol

This!

Carol,

I feel your pain and the STUFF that is going on in OR and WA is spreading across other states, as you know, including Montana.

I can SEE the changes here in x amount of years after moving out west after my late husband died. My MT born and raised husband sees this in GUN rights and in many other issues too.

Good shooting to you, lady.

Sincerely,

Cate
Typos! Old lady arthritic hands.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA