JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold
I purchased this weapon new in 1990. Smith & Wesson's price at that time was $724.00 if you could find one. The day I received it I shipped it, unfired, to BarSto Precision. I requested that their master law enforcement gunsmith install and fit their match grade barrel and give my weapon their complete reliability and accuracy treatment (options offered at the time to LEOs). The law enforcement discounted total cost for the fitted barrel and the hand fitting they did on the action, slide and barrel came to $400.00. When I got it back I fired one magazine full (+1) of 13 rounds of Winchester Silvertip hollowpoints. Needless to say the reliability was 100% and the accuracy was awesome. Today you can find a used one on Gun Broker in the neighborhood of $365.00 or so, but 85% and without all the BarSto work, magazines, box, etc. This "as new" weapon has been resting comfortably in my climate controlled safe (after a thorough cleaning) ever since. I intended to use it as an off-duty carry weapon but I had so much time and work in my Colt Officer's Model, not to mention lots of .45 ammo that was already paid for, my 6906 never saw the light of day after that. It comes with a used basket weave Safariland holster and double mag pouch that I picked up at a gun show several years ago, and the six 12 round magazines that you see in the photo. Since I no longer own any large capacity weapons I will also include a Galco double magazine pouch for a Galco shoulder holster, and an Assault Systems nylon single magazine pouch all of which I also purchased at a gun show. The box, all the papers, cleaning rod, etc. that came with it are also included.
I'm in Coos Bay.
$675.00
Scott
Semper Fi
IMG_0914.jpg IMG_0919.jpg IMG_0896.jpg IMG_0900.jpg IMG_0903.jpg IMG_0909.jpg

Last Edited:
Silvertips and a 3 Gen, makes me misty just thinking about 'em.

Edit:
Please...someone buy this before my wife forces me to perform some unnatural act. :s0001:

Last Edited:
Silvertips and a 3 Gen, makes me misty just thinking about 'em.

Edit:
Please...someone buy this before my wife forces me to perform some unnatural act. :s0001:
Unnatural act.... like purchasing another pistol???:rolleyes: LOL
Sounds perfectly natural to me, but I guess the definition is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think you should go for it.

Unnatural act.... like purchasing another pistol???:rolleyes: LOL
Sounds perfectly natural to me, but I guess the definition is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think you should go for it.

The "The "act" would come into play after I would have to grovel for permission.

Last Edited:
The "The "act" would come into play after I would have to grovel for permission.
That's sort of what I figured...groveling for permission to purchase another firearm is not a unique experience to many of our members....but I agree that it falls into the "Unnatural Act" category among enthusiasts like you and I.
Unnatural, but occasionally justifiable:rolleyes:.

Thank you very much. It's even nicer than shown in the photos. In my opinion these are the best of the "Wonder Nines". Just the right size for EDC. I carried one for several years, as did a number of other officers I worked with and despite lots of rounds fired, we never had a failure. I don't know much about current or more recent Smiths but they really built them well back then.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top