JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a waste of a purfictly good ammo can to me. What I have is a small stainless steel mess kit and a stainless steel coffee pot to heat water in.

How does a couple of pans keep you warm?

Not much for heat in a tent.
You'll find that a lot of campers don't use tent heaters beyond hot water in bottles or a foot thick down bags :rolleyes: otherwise, usually RVs with propane heat, Mr. Buddy heaters, cast iron heaters in canvas wall tents or titanium specialized tent heaters :rolleyes: those using ammo can stoves, all have seemed to report that the steel used don't last very long before burning out the bottoms or other pieces.

How does a couple of pans keep you warm?

I build a small fire between two bigger pieces of wood heat up my food and a nice cup a tea or coffe dpending on the time of day. Eat the food and warm my core. The add more wood to the fire to make a camp fire and enjoy that while sipping my hot beverage.

You'll find that a lot of campers don't use tent heaters beyond hot water in bottles or a foot thick down bags :rolleyes: otherwise, usually RVs with propane heat, Mr. Buddy heaters, cast iron heaters in canvas wall tents or titanium specialized tent heaters :rolleyes: those using ammo can stoves, all have seemed to report that the steel used don't last very long before burning out the bottoms or other pieces.

That maybe, but it is not the subject of this thread.

I build a small fire between two bigger pieces of wood heat up my food and a nice cup a tea or coffe dpending on the time of day. Eat the food and warm my core. The add more wood to the fire to make a camp fire and enjoy that while sipping my hot beverage.

not inside your tent you don't.

This is the only tent heat source I've used...

IMG_20191009_143759518.jpg

Reminded me of the "hobo stove" we made in Cub Scouts, out of a metal 3 lb coffee can. By far the worst hamburger I have ever eaten.

Yup. We did grilled cheese on ours. Surprised we did not get sick from the zink on off the bottom of that dam old Yuban coffee can pulled from the trash. (it was the 80s so we were safe.:rolleyes:)

Line the bottom with a piece of 1 inch paving brick and it holds up longer and holds heat longer.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top